Differing weights of protein powder(?)

yellowrose21
yellowrose21 Posts: 12 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
I have two custom protein powder mixes from true protein. They both say 30g serving size. I had a scoop from an old jar of protein I had (brown rice or something) and have been using that. Out of curiosity today I weighed a scoop of each powder. One was 16g the other was 25g. Does this mean that one has a serving size of two scoops and the other one? Grams are only weight, not either weight or volume like oz, right?

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    First of all, only liquid ounces are volume measurements, dry ounces are weight. Second, you have to use the scoop that comes with the protein powder, using a different scoop will result in a different measurement.
  • yellowrose21
    yellowrose21 Posts: 12 Member
    I realize only liquid ounces are volume measurements.

I could buy the scoop from true protein, yes. I'm just curious about the different weights of the powders. They're not even close. The nutrition information that shows up on the website when you create a mix always says 30g is a serving size. I'm just curious about one powder being so much lighter than the other, and wondered if anyone had an answer off the top of their head.

I also plan to check out the true protein website for more info :)
This discussion has been closed.