Need GREAT/EXCELLENT deodorant recs!!

Options
I currently use DOVE'S Ultimate, but im worried it may not be working well.
Ive been noticing that horrid yet so sought after post work out smell throughout the day:/ I fear it may not be keeping up aswell with me as id like.

Anyone have any good recs for a great deodorant?

My workouts are getting more aggressive (averag 10mile jogs per day with strength training for 45-60 mins) 6 days a week. Im ok with being a little stinky during my workout ha but would like to avoid it during the day.

HELP ladies HELP!!! :)

Replies

• NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I use Tom's of Maine unscented deodorant and works really well for both my husband and myself.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Corinne_Bruce Posts: 206
    Options
    bump
  • Julijulz
    Julijulz Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great post! I have the same problem. The only thing I can do as of right now is to just reapply and reapply. I hope you get some good suggestions on here so I can steal them. :)
  • mzbrandyluv
    mzbrandyluv Posts: 103
    Options
    Lady Mitchum is very effective in keeping you dry and stinkless ;)
    Amazing job on the excercise efforts by the way!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I use Suave. It is inexpensive and keeps me dry and stink free! LOL!
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    Lady Mitchum is very effective in keeping you dry and stinkless ;)
    Amazing job on the excercise efforts by the way!

This is very effective but for some reason it makes my skin break out. So unfortunately I need to find another brand :(
  • keliduggan
    keliduggan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing thank u ladies!!! god i love this site:) <3
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I tried for years to only use non-aluminum, natural deodorants: Tom's, Burt's, etc. Finally, after getting tired of smelling myself, I gave in. I am a sweat phenomenon. The Dove clinical strength is A-MA-ZING! While I still sweat like a hog in heat, I don't smell at. all. Fabulous stuff, really.
  • mzbrandyluv
    Options
    [[/quote]

This is very effective but for some reason it makes my skin break out. So unfortunately I need to find another brand :(
    [/quote]

aww...bummer!

True story...when I was younger my mom was going through some sort of "hormone change" and she insisted she smelled ...skunk like. I kid you not when I say I still have images of her squirting her underarms with Ketchup...she said tomatoes were used to rid people who'd been sprayed by a skunk....so she thought that might work. Yeeeeeah. Don't try that. I need to go to my happy place now ;)
    Good luck!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm glad to know that it's not just me! I thought I was the only one who smelled extra sweaty throughout the day after I work out! I shower after my workout, it seems like that works at first but, not all day. I mean, I don't send people running out the door after they smell me but, I work in a place where I share lots of hugs with kids, and who wants to hug a smelly person?! Besides I don't want to aquire one of those horrid nicknames that rhymes with smelly! LOL! I often spray myself throughout the day with my deodorant. So glad for the suggestions! Thanks everyone for sharing what works!!!
  • PrincessBTits
    PrincessBTits Posts: 198
    Options
    I use secret and it works amazing and smells awesome, and I sweat like crazy when I work out.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options

aww...bummer!

True story...when I was younger my mom was going through some sort of "hormone change" and she insisted she smelled ...skunk like. I kid you not when I say I still have images of her squirting her underarms with Ketchup...she said tomatoes were used to rid people who'd been sprayed by a skunk....so she thought that might work. Yeeeeeah. Don't try that. I need to go to my happy place now ;)
    Good luck!

OMG, that is too funny!!! My mom use to make me rub potatoes under my arms!! I still don't know why :)
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I use lady speed stick. I always feel like I have teflon armpits!
  • mzbrandyluv
    Options

aww...bummer!

Good luck!

OMG, that is too funny!!! My mom use to make me rub potatoes under my arms!! I still don't know why :)

WOW! Potatos....hmmm....perhaps she was thinking starch...baking soda is starchy, yes? haha, I don't know....that's reaching...but I LOVE IT! I'll have to share that one with my mom ;)
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is Secret Clinical Strength. That, and making sure I shower promptly after exercise and keep my pits shaved. But know that certain things you eat can make you smell more "ripe," especially garlic and onions or any pungent vegetables (broccoli, leafy greens). Also, synthetic materials (nylon, lycra, pol, spandex) tend to hold body odors. So, it's possible that it's your clothes that are aromatic, and not your pits. The best odor remover I have found is Borax. I add it every tie I wash my workout clothes.
  • Corinne_Bruce
    Options
    The only thing that works for me is Secret Clinical Strength. That, and making sure I shower promptly after exercise and keep my pits shaved. But know that certain things you eat can make you smell more "ripe," especially garlic and onions or any pungent vegetables (broccoli, leafy greens). Also, synthetic materials (nylon, lycra, pol, spandex) tend to hold body odors. So, it's possible that it's your clothes that are aromatic, and not your pits. The best odor remover I have found is Borax. I add it every tie I wash my workout clothes.

I'll have to try Borax! Thanks
  • jenniferinla
    Options
    Certain dri is the only thing that works for me. My armpits NEVER sweat now and I used to sweat sometimes for no reason at all. The only down side is that I use it right before bed every other night and sometimes I forget but luckily it works for 72 hours so I have to forget a couple of times before I'm in trouble.
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    I don't know if it will be of any use practical wise, especially if you're working out before work but my friend is a personal trainer and he will always sit for 20 mins after a work out before showering as he says his body continues to sweat during that time so deems the shower a little pointless. But if you don't have the time, then I guess a good deodorant is the only answer (or maybe a little baby wipe in all the right places to freshen up?)