Smoking

Options
Any one else out there a smoker? i know it's bad for you but i was just curious....also i've recently found out it doesn't help u lose wieght

Replies

• jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    K one thing I let people know about regardless of weight loss.. Do you have a lot of shoulder tension usually? Smoking fires the anterior scalene muscles on the front of your neck and also where the toxins are stored for smoking. This causes tension in the shoulders and trap muscles in the shoulders. I have clients that smoked and when I worked their anterior scalene muscles they actually threw up from the massive nicotine rush they got instantly. Not saying to quit that is your choice..just like to pass that one thing along since it is never talked about.
  • jpeterburs88
    jpeterburs88 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I am a smoker. I don't want to be but I'm taking my life-transformation one day at a time. Right now I am focused on eating better and losing weight: I don't think I could handle trying to quit and diet at the same time right now. I know it sounds like an excuse to all you non-smokers but I am taking this step by step!
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump.. interested in the replies to this one. Casual on again/off again smoker and curious about how even smoking occassionally (weekends) impacts not only my health but my workouts (as if I didn't already know enough).
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I am a smoker. I don't want to be but I'm taking my life-transformation one day at a time. Right now I am focused on eating better and losing weight: I don't think I could handle trying to quit and diet at the same time right now. I know it sounds like an excuse to all you non-smokers but I am taking this step by step!

ditto. I can't imagine trying to tackle such a huge food overhall and exercising 6 days a week AND quitting a 12 year habit lol. Baby steps.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    i've been a smoker off and on since i was 10 that was almost 11 years ago. and eventually i will quit i just dont want to quit smoking right away...i like a cigarette after a good workout along w some grape flavored water. also i make my own so the cost is way less
  • Emmy_Ann
    Emmy_Ann Posts: 60
    Options

No offense, but I don't see the logic! So you don't stick junk food in your mouth but you will a cancer stick?? I smoked for 10 years.. Its been 2 years this March that I've not had a cigarette.. It seems to me that you'd want to conquer the smoking habit first? I swear by the drug Chantix, it helped me quit and I didn't even CRAVE them!!! It has some side effects for some people but if you haven't tried it I would highly recommend that you do. Exercising will become easier, your body will be healthier! Good luck in your endeavor, I hope that you quit soon, I consider it one of my greatest accomplishments!
  • jkleman79
    Options
    i've been a smoker off and on since i was 10 that was almost 11 years ago. and eventually i will quit i just dont want to quit smoking right away...i like a cigarette after a good workout along w some grape flavored water. also i make my own so the cost is way less

Making your own cigs is the way to go.. I am not a smoker at all, but the tobacco you buy to roll your own is way better and safer for you then the chemical filled ones you buy already made. Smell better too!! =0)
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options

Making your own cigs is the way to go.. I am not a smoker at all, but the tobacco you buy to roll your own is way better and safer for you then the chemical filled ones you buy already made. Smell better too!! =0)
    yeah it's all natural tabbaco....and since both me and my bf smoke he decided to by a top-o-matic machine to make them.. but i do dig not having arsenic in my cigarette's quick question to anyone really lol is losing 14lbs by june 8th to much? or is it about right...i dont want to lose so much at one time to where it makes me sick or something lol
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    K one thing I let people know about regardless of weight loss.. Do you have a lot of shoulder tension usually? Smoking fires the anterior scalene muscles on the front of your neck and also where the toxins are stored for smoking. This causes tension in the shoulders and trap muscles in the shoulders. I have clients that smoked and when I worked their anterior scalene muscles they actually threw up from the massive nicotine rush they got instantly. Not saying to quit that is your choice..just like to pass that one thing along since it is never talked about.

This is fascinating!
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options

This is fascinating!
    my main problem i have when exercising is when i do push ups my elbows pop and crack and idk if thats a good thing or if it's going to be bad in the long run
  • jpowell3976
    jpowell3976 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Went to my dr 2 weeks ago...had sudden swelling in my legs...just to be on the safe side...lol...BP was fine...for a smoker lungs sounded good...asked him about Chantix to "help" me quit...are you ready for this?!?!? He told to wait a year!!! "tackle one thing at a time. If you try to quit over eating & smoking you will most likely fail at both. You need to stop both, but since you're already on a roll with diet & exercise...give it a year...keep the weight off & then come see me." I almost fell off the table!!! Everytime I see him he's on me to quit! Thought about it for a bit...he's right! I would fail...at both! I would eat to stop myself from smoking & then when I gained weight I'd get pissed & smoke...lol! One thing. One day at a time. Good luck!
  • jkleman79
    Options

yeah it's all natural tabbaco....and since both me and my bf smoke he decided to by a top-o-matic machine to make them.. but i do dig not having arsenic in my cigarette's quick question to anyone really lol is losing 14lbs by june 8th to much? or is it about right...i dont want to lose so much at one time to where it makes me sick or something lol

14 in 5 weeks is a bit intense...you may want to change up the goal a bit. Healthy is 1 pound a week I ussually average 1.5 right now with my diet I am doing. I am on very clean all natural diet...
  • Mommy07inlove
    Options
    I was a smoker for about 6 yrs,i quit once before when i was pregnant with my son,but of corse started again .But in November of this year i decided they had to go,God gave me strength and they were gone!! I started my weight loss journey on febuary 4th,and kicked my fast food addiction shortly after! So i know it can be vvveerrry hard to double up on life changes but your body will totally thank you! I can actually breathe perfectly fine after a 4-5 mile bike ride,whereas when i smoked i couldnt have even gotten my bike down the stairs in the first place! I wish you luck on your journey!!:happy:
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options

14 in 5 weeks is a bit intense...you may want to change up the goal a bit. Healthy is 1 pound a week I ussually average 1.5 right now with my diet I am doing. I am on very clean all natural diet...
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    lol sorry lol didn't even reply in the quote but how about 10 in 5 weeks?
  • jkleman79
    Options
    Yea it is possible. You need to be eating VERY healthy though. That way your body is getting all of the nutrients it needs so you dont get sick. Sleep is huge! Make sure you are not cheating your workouts with not getting enough sleep.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options
    Yea it is possible. You need to be eating VERY healthy though. That way your body is getting all of the nutrients it needs so you dont get sick. Sleep is huge! Make sure you are not cheating your workouts with not getting enough sleep.
    i get at least 8 hours of sleep a night...would get a little more if my dog didn't wake me up every morning at 8am lol but i've been starting to eat alot healthier lately and i've started drinking water....i use to never drink any and it was literally killing me.
  • jkleman79
    Options
    i get at least 8 hours of sleep a night...would get a little more if my dog didn't wake me up every morning at 8am lol but i've been starting to eat alot healthier lately and i've started drinking water....i use to never drink any and it was literally killing me.

You need to have half your body weight in ounces per day of water. Find a water bottle you can carry around with you and figure out how many you need to drink of those to equal what you need. water is a huge key to flush out the lactic acid and the fat you are burning.
  • XxXstars9967XxX
    Options

You need to have half your body weight in ounces per day of water. Find a water bottle you can carry around with you and figure out how many you need to drink of those to equal what you need. water is a huge key to flush out the lactic acid and the fat you are burning.
    right now i've got 16.9 ounce bottles of nestle pure life water. today i've filled it up at least 4 times
  • jkleman79
    Options

right now i've got 16.9 ounce bottles of nestle pure life water. today i've filled it up at least 4 times

Watch the documentary TAPPED on netflix you will never drink bottled water or buy it again... Not just what is in it but what its doing to our planet! eww!