Can I do this?

debdew
debdew Posts: 5
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I found this site while surfing around trying to get some weight loss tips. I am hoping to lose 30-40 pounds. Nine months ago I finished with chemo and radiation for Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and put on 17 pounds through my chemo which apparently is normal for R-CHOP chemo, but now I am heavier than I have ever been before. I'm hoping to be able to take the weight off and regain my health. As of today, I am cancer-free and am hoping to be overweight-free in the near future. :)

Replies

• debdew
    I found this site while surfing around trying to get some weight loss tips. I am hoping to lose 30-40 pounds. Nine months ago I finished with chemo and radiation for Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and put on 17 pounds through my chemo which apparently is normal for R-CHOP chemo, but now I am heavier than I have ever been before. I'm hoping to be able to take the weight off and regain my health. As of today, I am cancer-free and am hoping to be overweight-free in the near future. :)
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    YES YOU CAN DO THIS!! Jump on in! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • marskids
    marskids Posts: 296 Member
    Welcome. This is a great site and has helped MANY people. it's fairly easy and you'll do well if you stick to it.
    Big congrats on beating cancer. I'll say a prayer for you for continued health. God bless ya.
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    :drinker: heres to a new you
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Deb-- congrats on being cancer free-- that's more important than anything-- that's wonderful news. Like you, I stumbled onto this site and lost 11 pounds in a month-- you absolutely can do this. I have 9 kids, a ton of stress, limited budget and no time-- and I can do it. You can, too-- welcome to the party. You'll love it here.
  • debdew
    Wow! Nine kids, that's more than double mine! And I thought I was overwhelmed . You are blessed. That's wonderful. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome to the Group :flowerforyou:
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    :flowerforyou: Hi Deb, welcome to the group, this site is very addiction and fun...:happy: Zoe
This discussion has been closed.