Dealing With A Bad Day

Alsison
Alsison Posts: 588 Member
I am having just an awful day.

I am at work just finishing off a twelve and a half hour shift. I just spoke with my boyfriend who is at home and doesn't feel like cooking. By the time I get home, I know I won't feel like cooking either. I just know we will end up ordering Pizza and over one thousand calories later, I will feel like crap and just go to bed to make it even worse.

I guess I thought that by writing this down, I may find the energy to do what I know is right. I wish I could understand why the terrible foods seem like such a great solution to an awful day. As I type this, I can't hep but thinking that a big bag of candy will make me feel better. Why is this? What has the junk food industry really done to us?

Thanks for Listening,
Alison

Replies

• shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Sorry you're having a bad day! We all have those and tomorrow is another day. Can you get salad at the pizza place? Sometimes when I'm having a crap day, even just 1 piece of candy keeps me going.

Hope your day gets better!
  • searbear1980
    searbear1980 Posts: 110
    Stop and get a roasted chicken from the grocery store, and a bag of premade salad. Then you are eating healthier and don't have to cook. Good Luck!
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    My work days are like this also and I am usually too stressed or tired to cook but I force myself to do it. If I don't, I will not eat and that leads to midnight snacking of the worse kind, well, at least for me.

Oh, and I seriously hope the Canucks make it to the next round as my team seems to be in a funk.
  • My man pulls the same crap.... no support... you go get you some good food for you!!!!!
  • Alsison
    I just want to say THANK YOU to all of you for your support!!

I super appreciate it. I am going to do the right thing tonight because I am worth it and will end up feeling so much better when it is said and done!

Have a great night!!

Alison
  • cindy859
    cindy859 Posts: 99 Member
    Alison-- Don't worry too much about having a bad day, they happen, and really pizza isn't that bad if you don't go over board. A slice or two won't hurt. Let yourself feel what you are feeling and deal with it the best way you can that is all part of the learning process and the weight loss process eventually you won't look to the food or if you do you'll know that tomorrow is a new day and you can start fresh. Have faith in yourself and renew your commitment to lose weight everyday--you have us rooting for you! Good luck and remember tomorrow will be better.:smile:
  • roxanne90
    roxanne90 Posts: 95
    grab a salad to go with that pizza. I still allow myself to have pizza just in moderation. Instead of eating the whole damn pizza I now only eat two slices......and i have a small salad with low calorie dressing.........
    So sorry you are having a bad day. Tomorrow will be different.........good luck :)
  • Alsison
    Just to let you all know, I went home put a healthy chicken lasagna in the oven and managed to get through my bad day with only being a couple of calories over my goal.

Thank you so much to everyone for motivating me!!!

If any one else out there is having a bad day, write it down. Ask for help. It really works. I will be keeping my eyes out for anyone I may help motivate to pay it forward.

Cheers,
    Alison
  • ang1e213
    ang1e213 Posts: 2
    Hi there, I actually had a horrible day yesterday. I completely binged until I was sick and today still feeling ill.

I know I must of gained about 2 pounds just from my binge.

For some reason, it just seems dificult to get a grip on trying to lose 13 pounds that I have gained.

I have been losing and gaining the same 5 pounds since November.

I can definitely use the support and I will also try to keep positive always on this weight loss journey of mine.
  • Alsison
    I am so sorry I didn't notice your post earlier. I hope you have managed to get back on track since your bad day and are managing to stay motivated.

I totally understand the binge. Some days for me, the urge to eat junk food overshadows everything else. I really wish I could understand why junk food can have such a influence. For me, the only thing I can do is to allow myself to binge once and a while and remember to get right back on track the next day. Holding on to the guilt is never a good thing. Making the right choice 80% of the time is good enough in my books!!

Good Luck to Everyone. And remember, there are tons of us out there willing to help someone through the rough times. All you have to do is ask!

Cheers,
    Alison