went over calories

Options
so...its not even 3pm and I have already gone over my calories.... I just have this great big appetite today... nothing is filling me up.. what do I do to stop my slf from causing more damage... of course stop eating....... but how do I fill my self up?

Replies

• borjanap
    borjanap Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    so...its not even 3pm and I have already gone over my calories.... I just have this great big appetite today... nothing is filling me up.. what do I do to stop my slf from causing more damage... of course stop eating....... but how do I fill my self up?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Protein and fiber will keep you full for a lot longer than anything else. Try some tuna on a veggie salad dressed with vinegar or lemon. Drink lots of water before, during, and after eating...and wait 30 minutes after you eat a portion of something to see if you're full. I can get to points where I'm so hungry that I just want to eat anything around without stopping to let my stomach tell my head that I'm full. Just wait it out for as long as you can! :)
  • hangell
    Options
    When I start feeling like I want to sit and nosh on food that I shouldn't, I try to figure out why. Usually it's cause I'm bored, depressed or some tv commercial has set me off. SO I grab my cup of water first (16 oz. always at my side) drink it down and then try to wait 20 or 30 minutes before putting something in my mouth. And then at that point I try for something healthy like a carrot, celery, apple or nuts. Of course, this doesn't always work and I go straight for the chocolate, in which case I get my kids to hide the chocolate on me and I then have to spend time and energy trying to find it.

Hope this helps.
  • borjanap
    Options
    I am about to head to work.. I work untill 11 and usually dont eat after 5 or 6 so I should be alright...... I hate days liek this....
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    borjanap:

I've been having that problem more and more lately. I'm just hungry. It's colder. I feel cold. Primal instinct to keep warm? Or lack of willpower? I've been going over my calories by 300-400 daily for several days now.

I've been stuck at the same weight for a month. I don't know whether to eat more to restart the metabolism (like Eve23 did), eat less to force my body to use reserves, exercise differently to "change it up" as has been suggested here, or - (as fessler, a personal trainer here on MFP forum) suggested - stop working out for a week to "reset" my metabolism. ) I'm very frustrated and don't know what to do either, borjanap.

I feel your frustration. I even have a trainer! I am hoping that all the weight training has begun finally to add up to extra pounds - but, still.......:sad:

~Cheryl
  • borjanap
    Options
    u have a weight trainer.. wow... I want to have one but they are so expensive.... I wnt to a dietician the other day.. I ma 22.5% fat??? she said that that was really good...but I do work out a lot. I just want to be smaller.. Is that too much to ask for.. but I guess my diet must change 2
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    u have a weight trainer.. wow... I want to have one but they are so expensive.... I wnt to a dietician the other day.. I ma 22.5% fat??? she said that that was really good...but I do work out a lot. I just want to be smaller.. Is that too much to ask for.. but I guess my diet must change 2

Yeah, I've never even been in a gym until a month ago, and so I hired a trainer to make sure I don't injure myself. It is expensive, but I'm looking at it as insurance against doctor bills. I'm 53 - and my body injures more easily and heals more slowly than in my 20s and 30s: so it is a necessary evil.

Good luck, borjanap.
  • Razboo
    Razboo Posts: 439 Member
    Options

I am most strict with my eating during the daytime. My theory is that if I lose willpower later on, I'll have less time to do it. So it's a regimental breakfast and lunch for me, leaving almost 60% of my pre-workout calories to play with.

But I work during the day, and it sounds like you might have an evening shift, so that plan may not work as easily.