CRAZY, WIERD, OR MESSY JOBS YOU'VE HAD

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE HAD ANY STRANGE OR FUNNY JOBS THAT THEY HAVE HAD THAT THEY MIGHT WANT TO SHARE.

I ONCE HAD TO WEAR A BIG MEXICAN SOMBREO AND VEST WITH FANCY PANTS TO GREET GUEST AT A HOMEARAMA HOUSE THAT THE BUILDER I WAS WORKING FOR BUILT. IT WAS A SPANISH STYLE HOME. I AM VERY BLOND AND FAIR. I LOOKED THE LEAST LIKELY TO BE SPANISH! PEOPLE TEASED ME ALL WEEK!

Replies

• _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I ONCE HAD A JOB WHERE I HAD TO READ THINGS WRITTEN IN CAPS ALL DAY LONG.

lollll sorry I had to.

No funny jobs here, just the lovely food industry.
  • AbbyCar
    AbbyCar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    In college, I dissected rats for a physiology lab.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I had a job working in a warehouse that repackaged produce from large boxes to the smaller pre-wrapped type that end up in stores, it was a lot of fun b/c everyone was goofy, but it was disgusting when there was rotten stuff in the large boxes! Sickening!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I had a job taking sub-samples of wheat produced using different fertilization techniques (including land applied human waste). Basically I had to stand in the back of a truck up to my waist in wheat with a 10 gallon bucket as the combine rained the wheat down on me. It was probably my favorite job ever because it felt so totally ridiculous. I also ended up on a conference poster spreading the human waste fertilizer by hand on smaller field plots back at the research center.
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I worked at a doggy day care for awhile. So yeah, I picked up A LOT of dog poop! I also dealt with a fair share of barf and blood too.
    Aside from all that, it was a pretty fun job!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    well, I worked in a kitchen... but more than once the ancient garbage disposal backed up and flooded the dishroom. yes. FLOODED with pureed food.

it looked like a giant had vomited. and smelled like it to.

me & 1 other person had to scoop up all the gunk and throw it out, then mop... ughghhghhggghh
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    For the pay, I once took a job as a telemarketer to sell cemetery plots. I didn't bother asking during the interview what I would be selling and to my horror, I had to call people to try to get them to meet with an at-home salesman to purchase a cemetery plot. One of the rebutals they had listed on the sheet of paper was "How many of your friends are going to live forever." I was HORRIBLE at that job. I lasted two weeks and when I went in to put in my "2-week" notice, the boss told me she was going to fire me anyway and perhaps we should just part ways now! LOL!! It was so bad at the end that I purposefully called the numbers that I knew didn't work over and over and over again and pretended to have conversations with people who weren't interested.
  • ceschwartz
    ceschwartz Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I use to work at a daycare. I once had a two year old put their hand in their diaper, pull it out, stick two inches from my face, and say "icky." She wasn't kidding. ICKY!
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow here goes.

When I was a kid grandpa used to pay me to find good stuff he could sell from his garbage trucks

At 15 I was working at a grocery store in mi, the law there says if the store sells a can or bottle they have to take returns at 10 cents a can or bottle, I was the bottle return clerk, I smelled of stale soda and beer

I was a jumper on my grandpa's garbage trucks for a summer

I taught archery at renaissance faire I also was a hocker
  • Breckgirl
    Options

lollll sorry I had to.

I'm at work and have to type in caps. Jummping back and forth between caps and regular type is not easy as I have to jump back quickly...but just for you, Sweetie! :smile: :heart:
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I had a job taking sub-samples of wheat produced using different fertilization techniques (including land applied human waste). Basically I had to stand in the back of a truck up to my waist in wheat with a 10 gallon bucket as the combine rained the wheat down on me. It was probably my favorite job ever because it felt so totally ridiculous. I also ended up on a conference poster spreading the human waste fertilizer by hand on smaller field plots back at the research center.

YUM!!!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I use to work at a daycare. I once had a two year old put their hand in their diaper, pull it out, stick two inches from my face, and say "icky." She wasn't kidding. ICKY!

gotta love kids!
  • _eislek_
    _eislek_ Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I'm at work and have to type in caps. Jummping back and forth between caps and regular type is not easy as I have to jump back quickly...but just for you, Sweetie! :smile: :heart:
    [/quote]

haha how kind of you.

arggg I messed up the quote.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I was in law school I did backstage security for concerts. I got invited to Vegas twice to meet up with the bands (yes I went). I'm probably the only guard to ever get kissed goodbye by a whole band (on the cheek :smooched: ). And Paul from Peter Paul and Mary gave me flowers as he was leaving (so sweet). And, boy oh boy, did I see some CRAZY CRAZY stuff. (although mostly it was really BORING - just hanging around. I did have the best seat in the house though for the shows!)

The music industry is actually how I ended up in Nashville (in a roundabout way).
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm a Veterinary Technician working at an ER clinic. I've been working in Critical Care for many years now. I've had every bodily fluid on me at some point in my career. Just last week a doctor accidentally squirted dog urine in my face! I love what I do though and can't think of anything I'd rather do. Except art, but there's no way to reasonably support myself doing that.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    When I was in law school I did backstage security for concerts. I got invited to Vegas twice to meet up with the bands (yes I went). I'm probably the only guard to ever get kissed goodbye by a whole band (on the cheek :smooched: ). And Paul from Peter Paul and Mary gave me flowers as he was leaving (so sweet). And, boy oh boy, did I see some CRAZY CRAZY stuff. (although mostly it was really BORING - just hanging around. I did have the best seat in the house though for the shows!)

The music industry is actually how I ended up in Nashville (in a roundabout way).

Now there's a cool story to tell the kids!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I grew up on a dairy farm and then worked on others until I was in my mid 20s.
    Have done things that you don`t talk about in public. sick.gif
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    When I was in high school I worked at Kings Island Campground and I would have to wear the big Yogi Bear costume in 90 degree weather and ride on the hay wagon with all the kids. The costume stunk to high heaven, I don't think they ever cleaned it.
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options

lollll sorry I had to.

hahaha!!! ME TOO!!!! sometimes i just say ah forget it. and then ppl get mad and say... Y ARE U YELLING AT ME! ha.
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I have sold over the phone......Panty Hose, Chimney Sweeping, & bad B films that you find one or two copies of in blockbuster :/