Need some advice!

mfreeby
mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I feel like I'm always posting negative topics but I'm looking for some answers!!!! Please take a look at my food diary for the last 2 weeks and tell me WHY I have gained 2 pounds!!! I am exercising at least five days a week, drinking tons of water, watching my sodium, don't take any medications, am not under a large amount of stress (other than NOT losing weight despite my best efforts). Any (kind) input would be very much appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance :).

Replies

• SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    maybe your not eating enough? Your body is holding on to the fat to function. How did you get your calories at 1200?
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Well only a few days did you go over calories but almost everyday you went way over proteins. Could that cause one to not lose weight? I really do not know, but it is the one thing that struck me as I looked through your diary.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    I see a lot of margarine, mayo, fried / processed foods... but all of those are fine in moderation. Honestly, I think you're not eating enough. What's your BMR? I found I had more success at 1500 cal. than 1200. JMO, and YMMV. Can you eat nuts? How about some olive oil? Whole grains? Good luck!
  • Lightjulesloves2run
    Lightjulesloves2run Posts: 91 Member
    I'm no expert..trust me. But..you may want to try mixing up the sizes of ur meals. Maybe eat a bigger breakfast. Or you could try changing up ur meals. I noticed u eat the same breakfast almost every day. I have to change it up sometimes. I weigh myself every day,so I see my losses. Sometimes I gain a lb in one day..body fluctuates..so try weighing urself tomorrow..see if it's any different. I could lose weight and then gain a pound one day and not think I've lost anything. So..just some suggestions. Push through it..u can do it!!!
  • BeachLife76
    BeachLife76 Posts: 78 Member
    Are you losing inches? Maybe you're gaining muscle and not "weight". Or could be like SassyStef said, not eating enough. The more you eat (small meals or snacks), the more your metabolism speeds up. If you don't eat enough, your body will think it's not going to get another meal for a while and will hold on to what it needs. I lost 5 lbs in the first couple of weeks and now the last few weeks, I haven't lost anything. But I have lost inches. So, stay positive!! You will get where you need to be :)
  • kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Add Sodium to your diary ... it seems you might be over a lot of days and it's so important to stay under 2500, sometimes less. This causes us to retain a lot of water weight and you will notice a remarkable difference when you lower it. Also eat lots of fresh veggies and fruits. Hope this helps! Anything else I can do, just ask!
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Your calories are set at 1,200 (that's pretty low) and you have some days where you barely eat 800 calories. Whoa that's dangerously low for an adult. If you are going to stick to 1,200 calories you should eat all those calories and any extras that you earn from excercise. You might want to change your settings to lose 1 pound per week and follow that program for a while. I'm guessing you have it set to lose 2 pounds per week. You can change your goals by clicking "Goals" from your "my home" screen.
  • jene77
    jene77 Posts: 70 Member
    bump
  • mfreeby
    mfreeby Posts: 199 Member
    Thanks everyone! I am definitely adding sodium to my thing - maybe that's it? But I don't think so because I don't think I would be retaining for like 2 weeks? I am trying to eat more - the reason why I don't have a lot of grains/fruit is because I'm following a food plan that is low-carbish. I don't think I've been eating anything processed other than my one tablespoon of mayonnaisse in the morning and salad dressing. I have lost some inches and definitely have gained some muscle but being that I have like 20 pounds to lose, wouldn't you think that a few pounds would come off as well? I don't know. But keep the comments coming! I really appreciate it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,423 Member
    How long have you been doing this? It might just be that your body has a natural cycle of losing weight then gaining/maintaining.
    I was frustrated at first but decided to keep doing what I was doing but look at it on a graph. I can see a definite pattern of losing for a few weeks, staying the same or gaining for a week or so then going down again. The overall trend is downwards so I'm satisfied now I've seen this over the last few months.

I'm not really sure why I gain on a regular basis, it isn't exactly every four weeks but could be hormonal - or it could be that I am losing steadily so I get complacent with what I'm eating and then kick myself back into good habits again when I see the scale moving up.

Make sure you are eating enough, exercise regularly and keep on doing this, you should see things moving down.
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    From what I see in your diary, you are really over in sodium and protein and very low in carbs. I know a lot of people believe that high protein/low carb is a good way to lose weight, but many other people think it's dangerous. All I can say is that it's something to consider changing, clearly you're not getting the result you were hoping for.
    good luck!
  • jcorbett16
    jcorbett16 Posts: 6
    OKAY MAJOR PROBLEMO. I noticed it immediately. you need to eat more vegetables and fruits throughout the course of the day and less starches and maybe a little more protien. there is no limit on water and watch your sodium intake more carefully. try dropping soda and juice as well. that is what worked for me. let me know if it works okay?
  • jcorbett16
    jcorbett16 Posts: 6
    OKAY MAJOR PROBLEMO. I noticed it immediately. you need to eat more vegetables and fruits throughout the course of the day and less starches and maybe a little more protien. there is no limit on water and watch your sodium intake more carefully. try dropping soda and juice as well. that is what worked for me. let me know if it works okay?
    on top of that know that muscle weighs twice as much as fat so you may slim down but still bulk up. if you bulk up you will still slim down but later
This discussion has been closed.