Women - Sports Bra

Options
I want to order a sports bra, and need your help ... what store or site would you recommend?

Replies

• Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    I want to order a sports bra, and need your help ... what store or site would you recommend?
  • bonski
    bonski Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I went to walmart and got a few Danskin sport bras . they have different degrees of support.
    They are pull over the head with butterfly back.

I like them alot and very well priced.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options
    Ugh - I found a style a few years ago at victorias secret that was terrific for running in...and they discontinued it. I'm made do with those as they are soooos supportive. Good luck in your search. I'll be searching again soon.

When I look I start with a search of fitness and running sites for their reviews of brands and pros and cons.
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    There are a few on here that rave about enell bras (I think that's the brand) but they're kind of pricy. I don't have one, but I hear they're worth the $$!!

Heidi
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Depending on how large you are some store selections may be out of the picture but when I was at my biggest bra size (44dd) I went to the just my size web site to get bras. After I got into a 42DD walmart had more selection in the JMS bras and the champion brand of sports bras at target fit very well.
    Yes, I have to wear a regular bra under my sports bra to keep the twins from rocking out too much! That is why I just gave so much info. Anyway, have fun shopping.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    It really depends on you and how much support you need, such as your body type and what activities you are going to do. I have friends that order sports bras online all the time and they're good with it. roadrunnersports.com being one of the sites that some of my friends use.

I, however, is not so lucky as I need a "36 G" bra and the biggest that I have found with lots of support for high impact is "F", so I have to try on all of them on to see if I can squeeze the girls in and be comfortable, and they have to be fairly easy to get into, I don't want to stand and struggle in the gym locker room. The one that I have found is at titlenine.com, the "having it all" bra, which comes in "F". This bra is a front closure so it's easy to get into and have lots of support without the underwire, which I don't like while working out. This sport bra is made by Glamorise, who specializes in full figure bras, there are not that many full figure bra companies out there making sports bra and full figure bra companies tend to understand the needs of a full figure girl better, instead of just making the bra bigger which doesn't always fit well or have the right support.

I have tried all the sports bras over the years of working out, and the ones that just squeeze the girls down where you have a "uni-boob", just doesn't work for full figure women.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    titlenine sports has a great website.

They sell the "enell". ..but call it the "last resort bra". Their customer service is great and they have a good return policy.:flowerforyou:
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I like Nike for running, hanes for light work outs and I am about to try some New balance versions.. danskin works alright but not my fav.. point being.. see what works for you. I do suggest you buy one at a time until you get what works then splurge for more... happy shopping!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    The only product in clothing I personally use from Target is the "Champion" brand sports bras. I have picked them up at Target for many years, and I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE them! I love picking up the new colors, and the style has changed slightly over the years. They wash up easily by being thrown in with my other laundry and stay in great condition. The fabric is so soft and breathes. They are "thick" for support but not bulky or warm. ::sigh:: They are very comfortable!!!

Check out "www.target.com" then type in "sports bra."

41I8M-3qSKL._SS260_.jpg
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    "uni-boob"

:laugh: I love it
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I am looking to get one as well and I am looking at the Just My Size website...they have a nice selection and the prices are a bit lower than some of the other pages I've looked at...and they have a wide range of sizes so I know they will have a size to fit me. I think I am going to go with one of the lesser expensive ones, as I don't plan to be in any one size for very long :tongue:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Thanks for all the info ladies :flowerforyou:

I ended up ordering one from the JMS website...

Note: if you decide to buy something from there use this promo code for a 20% discount ... 608826
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    There are a few on here that rave about enell bras (I think that's the brand) but they're kind of pricy. I don't have one, but I hear they're worth the $$!!

Heidi

I need to get one of these as I'm doing the bra under my sports bra thing or I'd be as Tami described her poor pal one time, running w/ them in her hands to avoid the bounce....and I'm not terrible huge, 36DD or D depending....but omg I hate when you run and they do too:noway:

And my gripe is wearing both is getting uncomfortable and ruining my good bras too...soooo I Enell her I come!

do you have to order them or do stores carry them...just curious, I'll google it to find out but thanks for this thread!!! I had asked the same thing awhile back and couldn't find the Enell and just gave into my old standby....:ohwell:

HUGS!
    Ali
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I think the enell website has a store locator doodad.

that bra changed my life. seriously.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I am like some of you on here. I bought some from walmart but I also have to wear my regular bra under them. I certainly hope I do lose weight there.

Connie

86258.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter