Fave Ice Cream treats for an addict ;)

Options
Hey all...My name is Lindsey and Im an ice cream addict. Lol epecially during the summer here in the desert. One of my things..is that I cant keep it in the house cuz I have no self control. Unless like its portion controlled lol. I usually drag Hubby to McDonald's cuz its only 150 cals and .75 for a reduced fat vanilla cone.What are some of everyone elses' treats when they craving ice cream? And how do u control splurging? I dont mind sugar free stuff..i actually prefer it...but like i said, I literally cant keep half gallons in the freezer cuz i sneak bites all day ;)

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I go to a self serve frozen yogurt place. Low-cal and you get a fair amount of goodies while keeping it light
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Edys slow churned. Flavor doesn't matter!
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches for me. They are low fat, low cal, and simply delicious!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. The mint especially! YUMMY!
  • ahadj
    ahadj Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way -- I can't have a giant tub in my house. Now I buy the Skinny Cow ice cream -- they have cones, sandwiches, and truffles that range from 100-150 cals. Love it!
  • Sherry1979
    Sherry1979 Posts: 457
    Options
    I love the Weight Watchers brand Cookies n Cream bars. . .I'm an ice cream addict too! :tongue:
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Weight Watchers has a great Smart Ones Cookies and Cream ice cream bar. I don't know the calories or anything but I know they're really good!!! :)
  • crackerjack345
    crackerjack345 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I usually keep a box of 100 calorie ice cream sandwiches in the freezer for a treat. I've also heard really great things about the Skinny Cox truffle bars and I want to try them.
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    skinny cow also makes delicious individual size ice cream cups...yum! making me a want a carmel one : )
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I love the Weight Watchers brand Cookies n Cream bars. . .I'm an ice cream addict too! :tongue:

LOL! Great minds!!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Anything Skinny Cow... love their ice cream sandwiches for 140 calories!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I used to have cravings, but then I conquered my sugar addictions and I just don't have them anymore.
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers "giant cookies and cream" bar. 130 cals. so yummy.
    Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches too.
    I am an ice cream addict.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Ice cream sandwiches, yummy! I've eaten 10 of the 12 in a box just on the way home from the store. Talk about sugar high!

I quit buying them when I came to MFP and ditto on peanut butter.

I may get some next summer because I discovered water and breakfast. So I don't think I will be famished at the store.
  • Inked2Love
    Inked2Love Posts: 48
    Options
    Aww thanx for all the replies already :) I have tried the skinny cow cones and they were super good! I have been wanting to try the sandwiches. Anyone know a place thats cheap for them? Out here theyre kinda expensive. I like Edy's no sugar fruit bars too. lol but just doesnt fulfill the ice cream binge :)
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has some pretty good ice cream for relatively few calories. Some of them are actually DELICIOUS and I like them more than blue bell... You should give them a try!
  • kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    Arctic Zero--150 calories for the WHOLE PINT!
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I'm with you too. Skinny Cow is my best friend... LOL. I also have been getting half gallons of frozen yogurt in flavors that i like but don't love. That seems to help reduce the amount I want at one time.
  • Picky_nikki
    Picky_nikki Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Make your own and forgo the artificial stuff... even add protein powder to amp it up :)

I blend some greek yogurt, cocoa powder, choc whey protein powder, some fruit, or nut butter and ice in my vitamix, and if I want it thicker add guar gum, and xanthan gum for an extra thick smooth ice treat! You can make whatever combo you like, and get some of your cravings and daily food requirements met :)
  • Inked2Love
    Inked2Love Posts: 48
    Options
    I used to have cravings, but then I conquered my sugar addictions and I just don't have them anymore.

Howd u do that? And for how long? Details pls:)