Runners!!!!

Options
Runners....
A friend of mine told me about an awesome free app for your phone. It tells you how many calories you burn running, it has a gps feature, and coaches you to run faster depending on how quickly you want to complete each mile. It's great if you want to leave the treadmill. It also has other exercises like walking, skiing, etc.... it's called RunKeeper. Thought I'd share!!!!!!!!

Replies

• DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    Cool! I've been using Endomondo but I'll check this out! Thanks! :smile:
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Thank you:)
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Cool!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    And that app's competition also rocks -- it's called Cardio Trainer and I love, love, love it. Tracks calories for me super close to my $400 GPS HRM. And I like that I can pick the accent and gender of the "coach" ... I chose an Australian man. LOL

It's free and is amazing Android app.

Sorry -- not for the iphone. Yet.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • 1FitMom326
    1FitMom326 Posts: 228
    Options
    I actually use the Nike + GPS app. It does not need the sensor when used on your iPhone. I absolutley love it. They also have training schedules and challenges.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Thanks i ill check it out.
  • runninginplace
    runninginplace Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    And that app's competition also rocks -- it's called Cardio Trainer and I love, love, love it. Tracks calories for me super close to my $400 GPS HRM. And I like that I can pick the accent and gender of the "coach" ... I chose an Australian man. LOL

It's free and is amazing Android app.

Sorry -- not for the iphone. Yet.

I'm also a user and fan of Cardio Trainer! I haven't tried to customize the voices yet, need to check that out. :)
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I actually use the Nike + GPS app. It does not need the sensor when used on your iPhone. I absolutley love it. They also have training schedules and challenges.

I've been using both Endomondo ( with gps) on my phone and my Nike + sensor.... the Nike+ is always off a bit, and even a lot on the longer runs. :frown: Just an FYI, maybe yours is calibrated accurately. :happy:
  • JessicaFB
    JessicaFB Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Thank you! However, I am a garmin forerunner girl....have been for ~6 years. :)
  • nikki_zav
    nikki_zav Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Love RunKeeper. It's gotten me through C25K to get off my booty and start running again. From there I've trained and completed two half marathons too! I bought the full version because I needed the interval training the basic didn't offer.

If you haven't checked it out yet, their website is great too. Add me to your street team if you like: nikki_zav

Happy running!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! I love the app!
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I love runkeeper too, the pro version is free in the UK at the moment, i've been using it since last year and find it really accurate and you can log your gym sessions on it too.