1st post. About me.

Options
I am 6'2 and used to weigh 235lbs, smoke, chewing tobacco, drink, and eat whatever whenever I felt like to keep a long story short. One day I prayed to God to help me lose weight so I started running and keeping my calories at 3,000 per day. I started losing 2 pounds per week doing it. After a year I weighed about 175. After 18 months I weighed 163. Once I saw 163 I was like "WHOA, Im way too skinny now!" lol. So now I have added weight lifting to my routine in order to gain some healthy weight and make things easier on my runs for strengthening.

Here I am today and I found this app on my Evo and use it everyday. I love the thing. Im pretty much just watching my macro nutrients for now. Making sure I dont go over my limits. I've been slacking in the fats department though because of the nuts, avocados, and peanut butter lol. It's all healthy fats though, but this app really helps me see where I need to adjust.

Anyways, Im glad Im here and I just wanted to share my 2 years of knowledge with you all if you needed any. God gave me what I wanted and now I guess you can say Im just giving some back to help anyone that needs it.

Replies

• MochaMixAZ
    MochaMixAZ Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Congrats. You should be very proud of yourself, especially through your hard work and dedication. I'd love to hear more about your success!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Hey if God works with or for you...go for it. Atheist here and doing the math of exercise and calorie intake works for me.
  • Drewso
    Drewso Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Just let me know what you want to know in this thread.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!