cars, cars, cars!

Options
We're in the market for a new car! We have 2 kids right now and will want more soon (but after i get to my goal weight). So we need something spacey!

I'm thinking of an SUV type of car. Because I had a Nissan Maxima before, and there was no way to fit 2 kids, and groceries in there comfortably. And my boyfriend has a Caviler right now, and same thing- there isn't enough space. So I want something that has the 3rd row seats, that we have the option to leave in there, or to take out to have more space.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a good SUV, that has good gas millage (we're looking to see $5/gal by memorial day).
I would love to find something that had a DVD player in the back for the kids as well. Is there vechichles that come with those or do you have to add them in yourself? Other then that I'm not too picky on the features.

Replies

• Hazelhaze05
    Hazelhaze05 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just got the 2011 Kia Sorento, I love it! I've always owned Nissan's so I was a little iffy about buying a Kia. But, after looking into other SUV's I found that it's definitely one of the best out there. Some models have 3rd row seating, and you can get a mid level one for about 25,000.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Chevy Traverse. Has third row seating too for when you have the additional kiddos!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Chevy traverse has great ratings, my mom has a coworker who LOVES hers and even gets great gas mileage here in AZ (phoenix at that so traffic city!)
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    If you are looking for ample space I suggest either getting a Corvette or Porshe. Lol

But seriously, get a minivan. My cousin has two kids (ages 8 &10) and she drives a 2010 Nissan Quest. That bad mutha has TONS of space in the back. She didn't get one with the DVD player but now she wishes she did.
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options
    If you are looking for ample space I suggest either getting a Corvette or Porshe. Lol

But seriously, get a minivan. My cousin has two kids (ages 8 &10) and she drives a 2010 Nissan Quest. That bad mutha has TONS of space in the back. She didn't get one with the DVD player but now she wishes she did.
    I'm not sure I'm ready to be a "mini van mom" yet! LOL
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options

Hahaha! Awww, come on. You can even throw some soccer balls in the back (even if your kids don't play Soccer) so you can join the elite, mysterious group known as the 'Soccer Moms'.
  • JessesGirl05
    JessesGirl05 Posts: 253
    Options

Hahaha! Awww, come on. You can even throw some soccer balls in the back (even if your kids don't play Soccer) so you can join the elite, mysterious group known as the 'Soccer Moms'.
    hahaha!!!
    I dont know why, but im just not a fan of vans/mini vans. i never have been. i think its because i like bigger cars (i hate feeling like a tiny bug on the freeway!) but i dont like big big cars either.