73 lbs. in 7 months and 7 days

Options
I wasn’t sure how this would work when I started this journey just over seven months ago. It began with my son (age three at the time) asking me if I had a baby in my tummy. Ah, the innocents of youth. The statement struck a nerve and lingered in my mind. The next they I started tracking what I ate. I was shocked... I was consuming close to 4,000 calories a day. Most of it was in snacking and soda. So I forced myself to switch to diet soda and gave up the snacks. I set my MFP to lose a pound a week and stuck to the calories. Then I started lifting weights three times a week (a workout from Men’s Health). Then added in two days of cardio (sometimes three), I’ve always had a problem with cardio… I hate it. My trick was to stick to the exercises I that I like (swimming, Racquetball, cycling) I touched a treadmill maybe twice. I held myself accountable by doing a monthly weigh in and posting my progress (whatever it was) as my status on facebook. I feel 200% better then I did when I started. I feel healthy… that being said, now that I’ve hit my goal I’m going to go for another 20 lbs. by Labor Day.

Replies

• sliceofsarah
    sliceofsarah Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Wow great job and story! You pictures on your profile are really inspiring!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Thats hilarious about your son. You'll thank him later (if you aren't already) because you are rockin that flat tummy now. You should be very proud, great job!
  • ICANDOTHIS76
    Options
    :smile: Wow! Thanks for posting your story! I just got started myself so reading this gives me much hope and faith that I can do this!!!! I was also shocked as to what my calorie intake was when I started tracking it! Thanks again...and a big thumbs up for you!!!!!! Congrats and Ill be looking forward to seeing another success story by Labor Day!!!!
  • Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!! Thank you for sharing! :)
  • chaobabie
    chaobabie Posts: 64
    Options
    great job!
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    So if anything, you should be happy that your kid insulted you. lol. Way to go man.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!