Obsessed

Options
I find that I am almost obsessed with food now that I am paying so much attention with tracking. I think about it all the time. It is almost driving me crazy and I almost feel angry when i see that I only get so and so calories to eat. Especially at the end of the night (my hungriest time of day) I will log everything and see I only have 700 cals for supper and I think oh my gosh how will I ever survive. I like to snack at night after supper and I find if I dont let myself have some kind of treat or snack I kinda feel like skrew it, I am not letting these numbers control my life and then i overeat. I really dont have a lot of weight to lose, I am focused on toning, strength training and trying to put healthy things in my body, but at the same time I feel like this has become something that is taking over my already busy life. Anyone else out there feel like this or am I just losing my mind.:ohwell:

Replies

• casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! Lol. Except I'm lucky if I have 700 left for supper. I usually only have 3-400 :-(
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    700 is usually the max I have for supper. I have seen your journal and I dont know how you only eat a protein bar for supper....Your lucky! That would be a snack after supper for me. haha
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Give it time...you will find foods that you enjoy and that keep you within your budget, and you'll learn to apportion your meals throughout the day so you don't get so hungry. It's a learning curve, just stick with it!! And..more fiber ;)
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    We'll the protein bars I eat are usually the met rx ones and they are super filling!
    I've been doing horrible lately on my food. I'm sure you've seen it! Lol. I'm trying but have been just wanting chocolate alll the time! Lol.
    I can not wait to get back to normal with my hip!
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    700 for supper is great I usually have 50oish left over unless I work out that day then I have more. I find that if I load up on veggies (spinach, mushrooms, artichoke hearts etc ) for dinner I become more full and stay full for the rest of the evening. I also eat more through out the day that way I am not starving by dinner time.

You are in control not the numbers-you just have to figure out portions/foods that work best for you.
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    It works for me to log my heaviest cals first and then work the rest of my day around that. I plan out all my meals a day in advance, so if I want a heavy dinner, I have a lighter lunch, or fewer snacks during the day (or just different, lower calorie snacks). Maybe this would help?
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    There's another thread exactly like this one! I'm an evening eater too and I find that if I eat a light breakfast, it does a world of good to give me a few extra for after supper. I usually have a small bowl of cereal for breakfast.

I do snack quite a bit during the day but they're usually low calorie things, and that helps as well.
  • jill5280
    jill5280 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Intuitive Eating and it addresses many of the problems that you are mentioning here. It is about the relationship we have with food and the messages that we give to ourselves about food. Consider picking it up and reading.
  • misslys9304
    misslys9304 Posts: 17
    Options
    yeah i'm obsessed with it too haha but i think it's good to pay attention at first so you learn what you can eat. after you get used to eating less and healthier you won't need to think about it so much. i try to keep the end result in my mind all day so i don't over eat. just keep yourself busy working out and having fun, i think that will make it less stressful.
  • AMBlass
    AMBlass Posts: 161
    Options
    Wow - 700 is a lot for dinner for me! I'm usually right around 500, and then usually a 100-200 bedtime snack. And that's with 1400 calories as my allotment.

Try eating more lean protein, like chicken, and lots of vegetables. They really fill you up and have almost no calories (usually 50-100 for a lot). You can definitely find things to eat that don't have too many calories. It's definitely less food than you'll be used to, but eventually it will be come enough food for you.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    Thank you for all the ideas. I currently eat oatmeal, yogurt string cheese, tuna, chicken breast, tons of veggies, protein shakes, nuts,PB, whole what bread, fruits, etc. I seem to get hungrier the healthier i eat. at night I cant help but start thinking about junk food and feeling the urge to binge.
  • jxessxy
    jxessxy Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm the same way, I'm getting hungrier the longer I've been eating healthy! And I like to save my calories for night time too! Nice to see someone else in the same boat! And I'm just as obsessed haha =)