question for runners

Options
Laine
Laine Posts: 82 Member
this may not be a running problem but .....I just started jogging on the treadmill. I can't do much yet so i alternate with walking. I have gotten blisters on the bottom of my toes-just on my left foot. Anybody else experience this? I'm not sure if it could be my shoes or socks? i'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks!!

Replies

• Laine
    Options
    this may not be a running problem but .....I just started jogging on the treadmill. I can't do much yet so i alternate with walking. I have gotten blisters on the bottom of my toes-just on my left foot. Anybody else experience this? I'm not sure if it could be my shoes or socks? i'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It could be either your shoes or socks. I like the Asics dry-wick socks which keep the moisture away from my feet. I did have a pair of shoes that used to rub my right foot wrong and I kept getting blisters. You could also try Body Glide (you can get it at running stores, it looks like a stick of deodorant) that really helps w/ *rub* spots. Great for longer running! HTH!

Jess
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    You may be supinating with your left foot. (rolling it over so that weight is borne along the outer edge)
    I can't say enough for the right pair of running shoes - socks too if you plan to run longer than 20 minutes or so.
    Go to a good sports or running store where they sell running shoes and ask for a running evaluation. Many stores will do this for free, and some do a more thorough job than others. They should check for things like supination (or it's opposite, pronation), high arches, flat feet, or need for ankle support if you have skinny ankles, and be able to recommend a good shoe made for your conditions.
    The first time I did this and got a shoe made for my foot shape and running style, I felt like the shoes were running for me - quite euphoric!
    Happy running. It's a blast.
  • Laine
    Options
    thaks for the suggestions--I'm excited to be able to do this and don't want to get hurt in the process!
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have this happen. 4th toe on my left foot. Better shoes. They do wear out, so maybe you need new ones?