Grrr 1st thing this morning! (vent)

Options
Ok.. to set up the story.... My hubby drives the big truck gas guzzler and I drive the small economical car. I had this week off so to save money he drove my car all week. I get in it this morning to go grocery shopping and smell something just AWFUL! It smells like sour milk! So, I go back inside and ask him if he remembered spilling something. He tried to act like he was really thinking hard but he could not hold back his laughter. He said he spilled a starbucks coffee the day before. When I asked him why he did not tell me about it he actually said, "I was going to wait a day to see if it would go away." Are you serious?! I told him that starbucks makes his coffee with milk, milk turns sour, and then it smells for a LONG time! He just looked at me like, oh. I told him he was just like a 5 year old and that he should have told me right away so I could try to clean it a little before we took it somewhere to get the carpets cleaned. Geez... sometimes I feel like I already have a child. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for listening to my vent. I got a headache from that smell, and now he is getting it cleaned :bigsmile:

Replies

• JessicaT2007
    JessicaT2007 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Ok.. to set up the story.... My hubby drives the big truck gas guzzler and I drive the small economical car. I had this week off so to save money he drove my car all week. I get in it this morning to go grocery shopping and smell something just AWFUL! It smells like sour milk! So, I go back inside and ask him if he remembered spilling something. He tried to act like he was really thinking hard but he could not hold back his laughter. He said he spilled a starbucks coffee the day before. When I asked him why he did not tell me about it he actually said, "I was going to wait a day to see if it would go away." Are you serious?! I told him that starbucks makes his coffee with milk, milk turns sour, and then it smells for a LONG time! He just looked at me like, oh. I told him he was just like a 5 year old and that he should have told me right away so I could try to clean it a little before we took it somewhere to get the carpets cleaned. Geez... sometimes I feel like I already have a child. :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks for listening to my vent. I got a headache from that smell, and now he is getting it cleaned :bigsmile:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Remember my mato..... BOYS ARE DUMB!.....so next time he does something like that, smile, nod, clean up the mess and just keeping repeating..BOYS ARE DUMB. Makes it harder to hold on to the anger!

Ali

:laugh: :wink: :laugh:
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    LOL, I will remember that one! :bigsmile: He was kissing up all morning after that. haha
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    sometimes I feel like I already have a child. :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: you do have a child-guys take a very long time to mature, and sometimes they never do.:laugh:

But why didn't he just clean it up?
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    To be fair, I think there are a lot of girls that would have done the same thing. I think it's a question of sloppiness, not gender or intelligence level. (Sorry, gotta play advocate SOMETIMES). That being said, I would've cleaned it up straightaway, too, and would've been peeved had it been my car.
  • JessicaT2007
    Options
    :laugh: you do have a child-guys take a very long time to mature, and sometimes they never do.:laugh:

But why didn't he just clean it up?

Who knows. I asked him the same thing. He doesn't know why, he really thought it would just go away.