My First Half Marathon - With Photos!

Options
2»

Replies

• ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your story is very motivational and inspiring!
  • tomorrowisnotpromised
    tomorrowisnotpromised Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I hope to run in a marathon one day. Great job!!!
  • dixedreg
    dixedreg Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You are the real winner!!
  • Tatyanne
    Tatyanne Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Loved to read your story...i start running last september, and i had my first half too.
    I joined a running crew and they really motivate me.
    Now i go to an event at least 2 times/month, to run 10K, sometimes, every week lol

Kisses
    Tatyanne
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    223346_10150188473473846_508973845_6951064_4944329_n.jpg

YEAH!!!! Way to go! That is so cool that you got a picture of yourself in the paper. :tongue: My goal is to run a half marathon this time next year, and I love hearing your story (bonus for well written and humorous!!)

I joined a local Run/Walk group that follows the Jeff Galloway methodology. I am taking it VERY slowly... I walked for the first three months, increasing from 2 miles to 7 miles, and dropping my avg pace from 21:00 to 18:00! Just starting another three month cycle, starting over again from 2 miles -to- 7 miles, but adding 25% running (intervals of 3 min walk, 1 min run). Once I get to 75-100% running, then I'll go into the group that will get up to 13 miles.
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first 5K and just started the Bridge to 10K and hope to do a half in Key West in January. Your story is inspiring, and hilarious, LOVE IT!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!