I am struggleing to eat all my calories and Im not even gett

Options
When I eat properly I am struggleing to eat all my calories. (Feel free to have a look at my diary)
If I eat crap I am still hungry, but go over but if I eat properly I am full and still have calories left.
Any suggestions?

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I think you're looking pretty good food wise. I almost never actually eat all my calories, I just try to make sure I'm over 1200 everyday, and I'm still dropping weight. If you're full, you're full. Don't force more into your body if it says no. :-)
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    maybe eat right but then to get more calories even though u arnt hungry try drinkin high cal drinks :)
  • sam456
    sam456 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    i agree with Losingitin2011-- but if you feel that you aren't getting enough calories (e.g. that could be an unsafe amount) you might want to try adding kids protein bars (such as Cliff bars, you can find them at costco for pretty cheap) or fruits like bananas, depending on how many calories you have left. I think there are sites out there too that allow you to search foods by nutrition value -- if you feel you are lacking in one particular area, you can always search that way too :)

-sam456
    http://happyheartrecipes.blogspot.com/
  • Caharleygirl
    Caharleygirl Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem somedays...I try to add unsalted nuts to some of my meals (like my oatmeal or my salad) or some avocado to my salad...that usually helps get the calories up. It's hard cause I try to really restrict my sodium so I can't just add whatever I want. Feel free to check out my diaries. I also eat some cheese with my fruit sometimes as that helps bring my snacks up in calories. But somedays I just can't eat that much without going way over on my sodium and I don't worry as long as I'm close to 1200 calories.
  • Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    maybe eat right but then to get more calories even though u arnt hungry try drinkin high cal drinks :)

I disagree with you on this because part of this journey for most people is re-training yourself to know when you are full so that you don't overeat.
  • Kym1610
    Kym1610 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Maybe try unsalted cashews or almonds 25grams is about 150 cal and they are full or protein and good fats
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    Your food looks great, but your calorie allowance is quite high at over 2,000: what have you set your weight loss goal to? Are you very tall? 2,000 looks like maintenance or half a pound a week loss to me. Maybe you could lower your goal to 1,800 then you wouldn't come up so short? Don't do it if it would result in you losing much more than 1lb a week though.
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    I think 2000 is heaps too, but thats what it says. I am set to 1 pound a week, and lost 2 last week so thats great.

I am not tall, but have a lot of weight to lose. I might go and check my numbers.
  • shumatet1982
    Options
    You can easily up the cal's by adding a teaspoon ov olive oil to the meals, that aren't sweet ones, and some nuts or avocado.
    Very healthy fats. Did you try to eat some salmon?
  • lwilso65
    lwilso65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I think that sometimes if you substitute different things for higher calorie intake then you can overcome the eating properly but not taking in enough carbs. Like last night I was going to have plain chicken breast with my salad but left me short on my intake so I had southern fried chicken which isn't over doing the calories but it bumped it up a little. even some sauces or dressings for salads can boost your calories and sometimes I have a tortilla wrap with a salad. fruit smoothies have good amount of calories and fill you up as well as being healthy. Don't worry, I've only been doing this a couple of weeks using the site and you soon get used to it.

Lou :smile:
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Have a look at my diary! Im eating about the same calories as you, I eat more protein, less carbs. Just added you as a friend so you can see!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options

I disagree with you on this because part of this journey for most people is re-training yourself to know when you are full so that you don't overeat.

try adding in olive oil on your veg or salad, peanut butter, or almonds
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    you dont need to eat all those calories if you feel full. there is no rule that says you MUST eat like this.

the whole 1200 calorie or you'll go into starvation mode is a bunch of bunk. if you are eating under your BMR then technically you are starving yourself. thats how we lose weight. any reduction in calories will eventually lead to a stall or slowing of weight loss..its not starvation mode, its adaptation.

dont believe all the nonsense..just because someone else said it once everyone grabs onto it like its fact.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah 2040 does seem quite high for a starting calorie intake on inactive days. Maybe eat a little under that on days your don't exercise. 1800 calories maybe? Then on days you exercise add a 3rd of those calories to the 1800 and eat that.
  • khaleelrs
    khaleelrs Posts: 6
    Options
    just try to eat more then 1100 cals adn less then 1500 cals
  • dbcja
    dbcja Posts: 54
    Options
    Ok, today I have changed my food around a bit. added some Avo, and gone back to having sugar in my coffee instead of artifical stuff (which I prefer the taste of anyway lol) . I dont want to not eat enough.

Thanks for your help everyone :o)