when to stop...oh the dilemma

Options
so today has been pretty good foodwise...however my question arose during dinner...that is that during dinner i got halfway through it and i was stuffed, :huh: but did not know what to do- should you stop eating once you are full or eat the food and stick with the calorie quota...any ideas/suggestions welcome!

thanks skiski :indifferent:

Replies

• skiski
    skiski Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    so today has been pretty good foodwise...however my question arose during dinner...that is that during dinner i got halfway through it and i was stuffed, :huh: but did not know what to do- should you stop eating once you are full or eat the food and stick with the calorie quota...any ideas/suggestions welcome!

thanks skiski :indifferent:
  • pbjsand
    pbjsand Posts: 58
    Options
    I stop when I am full, even if I'm not done with my meal. I then go in and adjust the calories. I don't always end up eating all of my calores, but I'm still losing. I hate that stuffed can't eat one more bite feeling, so I avoid it and just stop. I do save the leftovers and if I am feeling hungry in a couple of hours, I'll finish my meal. I hope this helps.
  • Nana27
    Nana27 Posts: 77
    Options
    ditto!:smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Well, yeah, you should stop when you are full. But maybe try planning ahead a bit too, cuz if you plan ahead you really shouldn't have that happen very often. especially considering your evening meal should be the lightest of the 3.
  • skiski
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

pbjsand &Nana27: thanks for the advice I have gone and adjusted the calories, given the cat the rest of the fish and kept the veggie encase I am hugry later-so now have about 800 to use lol!!! I guess I was just a bit surprised to find myself feeling full as normally I am still hungry even after the meal! Strange place to be after spending most of my life try to be full!

Banks1850: Thanks for the advice also...this pretty much the first time in years i have experinced feeling full! my evening meal was a tuna fillet with a dash of balsamic vinger & spring onions,sweetcorn, green beans and brocoli...nothing to heavy. But I am going to plan tomorrows meal.

Many thanks as always guys & girls... xxx
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Just remember this foolproof saying........Never let yourself get hungry and never let yourself get full.:happy:
  • skiski
    Options
    soupnazi: ohhhhh that is going in the inspiration book...thank you x:flowerforyou: