Why is there always nice food at work when you are trying t

Options
krevill
krevill Posts: 65 Member
There is a giant Chocolate Cake sat in the fridge at work, normally I would even think about Chocolate but because it is there I can't stop thinking about it:ohwell:
To make myself feel better I think I am only gonna have to do more exercise if I eat it but still, I am finding it hard lol

Replies

• 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it!!
    There seems to be a birthday every other day in my office! Yesterday and again today.. oh and today's is the woman's bday in the cube next to me so the buffet table of treats is literally 5ft from my desk and in my line of sight. Ought to be a fun day, resisting those treats for 10hrs!
    Stay strong, stay focused & drink LOTS of water!
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Every Wednesday someone brings in 2-dozen donuts. I've done well the past few months, but yesterday we were sitting in the break room for about two hours and I couldn't resist anymore.

If you have to break down and have some, cut yourself an extremely small slice. It shouldn't throw you off too much and you still satisfy that craving.
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    oh christ... a woman i sit next to bought an extra large Milka bar in with her today... what does she do..... plonks a quater of it on my desk... felt rude to decline, so now its staring at me... all 8 cubes of it... DAMN That chocolate!!! :explode:

maybe ill subtley throw it in the bin! lol :laugh:
  • RGJeff
    RGJeff Posts: 32
    Options
    Do not resist... Have a small scale at work, take a small piece, weigh it, record it. I do it all the time... You can fall asleep that night knowing that you had chocolate cake and did not cheat on your diet...

And if you are really adventurous, walk 1 mile per ounce of cake, (do the walk first!) that will net out to zero calories more or less.
  • krevill
    krevill Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I am sooo pleased I am not the only one that finds it so difficult to resist the temptations of others lol, thanks for all your good advice :smile:
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels?

I hate that expression, but it has a point. I don't get much enjoyment out of food at the moment, it's all fuel. If you think about it, does cake actually taste good, or do you associate it with happiness and fun, so you just think it does? I know when I actually think about it objectively, I don't actually like the taste of most of the things people crave.
  • Matt_S_1978
    Matt_S_1978 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    It's my birthday give me MORE cake !!!
  • InstantSunshine
    InstantSunshine Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Argh argh my colleague just came back from Cornwall with clotted cream fudge and left it in the kitchen... I tried to walk past without looking as I went in to get my salad out of the fridge, but then I had some. 3 pieces! More exercise for me tonight. Damn! but it was soooooo nice.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I say stick your finger in it all over it !!!

no one will one to eat it then !
    hahahahaha