Going on a cruise

Options
I am going on a week-long cruise and, while this sounds ridiculous, I always gain a pound a day while on vacation. I know what I need to do. This time I will be working out 6 of those days (I'm about halfway through my TurboFire program) and making the best food choices I can. I'm also going to get their bottled water package because water is not all that easily accessible and I know it's important to keep hydrated. What tips do you have so I'll stay on track? :) I'm excited but nervous to be outside of my "bubble."

Replies

• heathhumble
    heathhumble Posts: 178
    Options
    :happy: Have fun.You have worked hard.It is time to reward yourself.You will do just fine.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i ust got back from one a month ago. I made promises ill go easy, but as you know its hard!! I took free itinerary classes on the ship and tried to use the gym. ehh. i wanted to lay out more and get tan. lol the second night there i got engaged. you'd think that would keep me away from the food, and it kinda did, but i was so happy to celebrate everything i went for all the bad food. i didnt gain much actually, and i could have use the gym more. MY advice is keep yourself busy, walk around, take the stairs to and from your cabin (my thighs burned, but worth it), if there are free fitness classes on board take them no matter how early, you'll enjoy a delisous breakfast after. keep hydrated, and do your best to stay away from the ICE CREAM. i know i had an ice cream problem and i prolly gained all my weight from that. i gain 7 popunds, 1 per day, but i know what i ate, so no excuses. you can lose weight or maintain your weight as long as you still are aware of yuor eating habits and activeness throughout the day/ week. When is your cruise?
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Leaving Sunday! Thanks for the advice! We are stairs people anyway because we are too impatient, but maybe I'll walk a bit faster on them! Good idea about the classes--I'd like to do an early morning yoga class. Luckily the people that we are going with are also moderately into health and fitness, so that will help.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    yeah i understand! it is hard im warning you know, the tempations are soooo hard to resist, even the alchol has calories, lol! but you know have fun, LAUGH ALOT, pack something sexy to keep your mind on, ok ill be good today so i dont feel bloated in this. Which cruise line? is it NCL?
  • tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    Royal Caribbean--love their ships!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Royal Caribbean--love their ships!
    I like Royal Caribbean, too...I've cruised 2 or 3 times with them now. Celebrity was great also. The last time I went I wasn't working too hard on my food, but was exercising with a trainer. I focused on drinking iced tea rather than soda and limited the number of yummy drinks (try the frozen mojito-it was to die for) to one or two a day. I also tried to get to the gym (think I made it 3-4 days) and when we got in to St. Thomas at 8am on a Sunday morning we walked about three miles along the road leading from the dock. It was so beautiful, and it was neat to see all the people dressed in their Sunday finest headed off to church. There was also a pretty good selection of fish at dinner, so that was helpful.

I hope you have a wonderful time, get lots of sunshine, and come back the same weight or less!