Pennine Way

Options
Katrob9
Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
Hi everyone,

Ok, so, my goal once I am down to my ideal weight is to walk the Pennine Way. It is something that I have wanted to do since we walked sections of it on walking holidays when I was younger with my family.

The Pennine way is 268 miles from end to end and is the hills running up the centre of England - it is known as the backbone of England.

So, my hope is to complete the Pennine Way next year (or perhaps the year after as I am getting married next year!)

In the meantime, I am going to walk as much as i can and log how quickly I reach the 268 miles and try and beat it each time. :)

Replies

• vitacat
    vitacat Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Fantastic goal! Give me a shout when you reach central Lancs and I'll come and walk part of the way with you :)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal....I should look at something like that here - I'm sure we have connected walking trails around Ontario. How long do you think it will take you?
  • Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Even though you're a Hufflepuff, I'll happily walk with you when you get up to East Lancs!
  • Katrob9
    Katrob9 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    :) Hufflepuff and Slytherin happily walking together! I'll bring the kendal mint cake. :)

The average time for completing the Pennine way is 16 days which works out at nearly 17 miles a day. We're going on a hiking holiday this summer so I'm hoping it'll be good training.

Anyone welcome to walk part of the way! Now I just have to convince my fiance it is a good idea...