31 weeks ago today my life fell apart as i knew it....

Options

Replies

• lizzycomp
    lizzycomp Posts: 64
    Options
    You've taken a great step forward in trying to take some control back in your life. Awesome that you reached out to take charge of your life! You have a great community here to assist you in reaching your goal...take advantage of that. You WILL get there! Best of luck to you.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    So very sorry for the unexpected loss of your husband. I can not imagine the heartache for you and your children. I know that weight loss or a desire to be healthy must be done for us and us only, but that doesnt mean that something else can not fuel us to be and do better. I can tell you one thing about MFP you can count on. These "people in the box"....your MFP friends. Most you will never meet. But some of the people on here will become some of the best people you will ever get to know. A constant source of encouragement. and not just in the weight loss department. Share with them your joys, your pain, absolutely anything. And we WILL be here for you. Mine are there for me. And I think 99% of people on here will tell you the same. Add me as a friend if you would like. Strength in numbers. ((hugs))
  • regentin
    regentin Posts: 60
    Options
    Your story is so sad, my sympathy is with you. However, I think you are on the right path by first getting your mind in order and now your body. Good luck to you, there is lots of support here on MFP!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Broke my heart to read:frown: I am so sorry for your loss. Go get em girl!!!! Think about your children and do it for them!!!!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My heart goes out to you,I am so sorry for your loss.Good luck in reaching your goals.:heart:
  • diverchic73
    diverchic73 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thoughts with you and your family.

Congratulations on taking control of what you can and good luck for the future! :heart:
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss - how devastating for you all.:flowerforyou:

Please be careful to look after yourself and your children and don't do anything before YOU are ready.......

Take care & good luck!

Sue :smile: x
  • Eviesmum
    Eviesmum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I echo everyone else - so sorry to hear about your husband. Its such a shock when someone goes so quickly.

Well done on making joining MFP - its a great source of support and encouragement. Good luck with your journey and please add me if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • Cristy_AZ
    Cristy_AZ Posts: 986
    Options
    My heart also goes out to you and your family. :flowerforyou: add me if you'd like, we are all here to support you towards reaching your goals.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to you and your children for what you have been through. I wish you all the best. Friend request sent to provide extra encouragement!

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • crazymama2two
    crazymama2two Posts: 867
    Options
    im so sorry for your family. my heart breaks for you. i send you love and strength and luck on your journey
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad not too long ago so I can relate to how much your life is turned upside down. You and your children will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Getting healthy would be a great way to keep you going during this difficult time. Good luck to you!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Well,,,theres been some MAJOR changes in my life in the last 7 months. My healthy hubs died in his sleep@42 and I three children to raise alone (i'm 41 and they are 11, 13, 15 and "Dad" was our life). I GAINED 15 lbs since he left and even tho in the past years was able to lose it, this time it just WON'T go. 31 weeks ago today my weight was ok, but he had left the house that morning in a black van and things were falling apart QUICKLY. I need to rebuild now, finally. Today seems like a good day to start. 12oo calories and will have to w/out 6x/wk to come close to my July 1 goal of 138. (20 lbs off) I was 146 that day in October, very close to my goal... but then all the rules changed and it was hard to see the goal anymore, it didnt matter. HOWEVER, for the past months I've been getting my head better but my body is getting worse and worse no matter what i seem to do. Time to try something a bit different, so here i am. I've learnt how to deal with death, and him not being here for us anymore, but what I'm NOT able to deal with is how unhealthy my body feels! This is something I should be able to control, unlike someother things in life... AND I WANT TO TAKE THE POWER BACK!!! :smile:
    I agree. Today seems like an excellent day to start. :heart: If I could offer one suggestion, it would be to take it slower. Working out six days a week and eating 1200 calories may help you get to your weight-loss goal faster, but if you want to be as healthy and strong as you can be (who doesn't?), make sure you eat enough to fuel those workouts by keeping the calorie deficit smaller (aiming for 1/2 pound a week seems good to me). Bless your heart for all you've been through. And congrats on your decision to take the power back. :flowerforyou:
  • Sonofabiscuit2
    Sonofabiscuit2 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry for your loss, but I will tell you, that reading this just put my troubles in perspective. Good luck and God bless you.
  • Julesjhj
    Julesjhj Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sending hugs and encouragement as well as a friend request. So sorry for your loss.
  • franic1017
    franic1017 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Like everyone else who has commented, my heart goes out to you and your family. I just want to say "I'm proud of you". Proud of you for being strong and making the decision to move forward for you and your family. It takes so much to do that after such a loss, I'm sure. MFP is a great beginning to reach your goals. We are all here for you. You CAN do this. Hugs!
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    So incredibly sorry for your loss. I can sympathize with you on so many levels. We lost my sister 4 1/2 years ago due to a drunk driver and myself and my mom lived off fast food and a pint of Ben & Jerry's every night. There were so many excuses as to why we ate that way and being in the depths of depression and despair really doesn't allow you to see what you're doing to yourself. I'm so glad you're able to see what has happened and make a conscious choice to change it while still in the very early stages of your tragedy. It took me 4 years to figure that out and get the strength and courage to make the choice to take control. I hope it's not too forward coming from a stranger but I'm very proud of you for taking the power back and helping yourself...you helping yourself will only help your children and others around you move forward and grieve healthily and properly.
  • loopylis
    loopylis Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you x I wish you all the luck in your weight loss journey.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I am soooo sorry for your loss...I can not even imagine loosing my husband.
    My heart goes out to you and your family. You will have great success here at MFP.....you've taken the hardest step
    I am proud of you for making the decision to stay strong & take care of yourself for your kids
    You can do this! Stay strong; sending you encouragement as well as a friend request.
    ((hugs))
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Very sorry for you loss, could not even imagine.. If you need any motivation or support, please feel free to add me, this site has some awesome members and all are willing to help.