awesome shoes help the routine

sweat2live
sweat2live Posts: 18
edited September 27 in Fitness and Exercise
I'm not advertising these shoes, but I have to make a comment about using the Vibram 5 finger shoes during my workout. I have been plagued with stress fractures for about two years and have changed running shoes many times trying to compensate. I began studying and reading about the posture and technique of barefoot running and using the 5-finger shoes as the next best thing to barefoot running. The change in the muscles of my feet and legs have been amazing. To beat it all, I no longer have the extreme pain in my tibias that I had before. They may look really strange, and I may never win any fasion awards, but results are results.

Anyone else have an opionion?

Replies

• Love my Vibram Five Fingers!!!

Also got some Nike Free Run + for Plyo days or more impact workouts. Shins splints and my arches and heck my feet and legs feel much better after wearing my Vibrams.

I need more socks though but they cost a lot.
  • sweat2live
    sweat2live Posts: 18
    Yeah, I haven't bought the socks yet, but definitely a necessity. Thanks for the info on the Nikes. I will check those out for the kickboxing and cardio boot camp days.
  • jjhenry5
    jjhenry5 Posts: 80 Member
    I'm on my second pair of VFFs. Since being in them I've had no more knee or back pain. I love them.
  • scottb81
    scottb81 Posts: 2,538 Member
    VFFs cured my knee pain and helped me do develop a much better running form.
This discussion has been closed.