Finally decided to pull my finger out

Options
adamlash
adamlash Posts: 10 Member
For years I've been unhappy about my weight, but never did anything about. Decided to change that a few months ago, however its been abit stop and start. This app is going to be very handy. Reasonings I want to do it are I have no confidence whatsoever, I want to be fitter and be healthier, and heck feeling more attractive wouldn't be bad.

Anyways, just wanted to say hello to everyone.

Replies

• sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Pull your finger out of what?
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! We are all here to reach our goals. Just keep loggin on and it becomes a habit. Request sent. Good Luck!!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

my thoughts exactly
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options

Yup That is my question also!
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    It's an English phrase, it means get off your *kitten* and do something about it lol.

Welcome and good luck! I have to say MFP has helped me loads so I'm sure it'll help you too. The app is great when I'm out and about.
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    in uk if we say pull yer finger out.. it literally and crudely means take your finger out of ypur *kitten* and get on with it
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    oops its already been explained lol
  • adamlash
    Options
    Yeah its a British phrase, sorry for the confusion lol
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    "Thumbs outta bums" -- one of my favourite sayings.

Hope you find MFP as friendly and helpful as I have. :drinker:
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Excellent saying! I like it! Feel free to add me for some extra support!
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Great!! I am very happy and excited for you and all of us!! REALLY!! smiley-happy019.gif

Now please go wash you hands. smiley-sick007.gif
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! This site is good and you get a lot of good ideas from it. And i dig the saying... first thing i thought of was your fingernails.
  • athaliah
    athaliah Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    And here I thought it was pulling your fingers out of your ears from going around singing "Nanananana" when trying to ignore that there is a problem. I guess I am the weird one out here ;)
  • adamlash
    Options
    And here I thought it was pulling your fingers out of your ears from going around singing "Nanananana" when trying to ignore that there is a problem. I guess I am the weird one out here ;)
    Well thats basically it, when you 'pull your finger out' you stop ignoring the problem and sort it
  • jay57375
    jay57375 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey! I hear ya! More confidence on the way! We got this!
  • chellekoren
    chellekoren Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    It's an English phrase, it means get off your *kitten* and do something about it lol.

Welcome and good luck! I have to say MFP has helped me loads so I'm sure it'll help you too. The app is great when I'm out and about.

Thank you and HAH!!! I was confused and thinking of stopping the water from a crack in the dam..... just wasn't getting it.