I'm a mommy...

Options
2»

Replies

• songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with a boa constrictor, I'm sure he would LOVE them. We should hook em up. :devil:
    Hey not my babies! There are plenty of others that are more available, and already not alive. :tongue:

Well it was pretty hilarious in the store, this guy and I were both waiting for the attendant, and she helped him first. What did he get? Dead frozen baby rats for feeding LOL. I said "I want to see rats too...but, the live ones."
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    UMMM! That's cool. I'm not really a rat person but i do have a chinchilla named Spazz.
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    UMMM! That's cool. I'm not really a rat person but i do have a chinchilla named Spazz.

Chinchillas are super cute, so fluffy! My best friend used to have a grey one. Dunno how trainable they are though lol :)
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    AWWWWW!! How cu-ute! My son has been wanting a pet rat too! I've read that they are super clean, super smart, and do not bite like hamsters. I so want one now.:love:

Congrats new mommy!:drinker:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    AWWWWW!! How cu-ute! My son has been wanting a pet rat too! I've read that they are super clean, super smart, and do not bite like hamsters. I so want one now.:love:

Congrats new mommy!:drinker:

Thank you! They are awesome! Mine are still shy because they're so young, so it takes a lot of patience to socialize them at first. I have to coax them with lettuce (they like it more than anything else, even bananas LOL) and always have something yummy for them when I handle them at all. It takes a mixture of coaxing and "Ok, I'm going to pick you up, and you just need to calm down." They will run off if they're nervous, and only nibble your knuckles to check you out and see what in the world you are. It just tickles though, doesn't hurt. Last night we let them free range in our den, which is empty since we have no furniture. Mars, the calm one, climbed up my arm and onto my shoulder where he stayed until I put him away. Aries on the other hand kept climbing onto the top of my bf's head hehe...he is a great climber and jumper, so he'll be my agility rat probably. Mars is currently asleep in the pocket of my bathrobe, he's my snuggly mini-bear :smooched:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    very cute!!:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Aw, SBS... I'll baby.. rattiesit:bigsmile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I have a friend with a boa constrictor, I'm sure he would LOVE them. We should hook em up. :devil:
    Hey not my babies! There are plenty of others that are more available, and already not alive. :tongue:

Well it was pretty hilarious in the store, this guy and I were both waiting for the attendant, and she helped him first. What did he get? Dead frozen baby rats for feeding LOL. I said "I want to see rats too...but, the live ones."

Like the ones my Australian Shephard brings me in the morning. I hate it! Yikes, I always had rodents as pets for my kids...now I have a dog that kills them.

Good luck 'mom' with your new babies. you probably saved them from the snake pit at the pet store!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Like the ones my Australian Shephard brings me in the morning. I hate it! Yikes, I always had rodents as pets for my kids...now I have a dog that kills them.

Good luck 'mom' with your new babies. you probably saved them from the snake pit at the pet store!

Awe, I love Aussies! Such sweet dispositions. My bf and I want to get one when we get a dog, either that or an Aussie Cattle Dog, they sort of look like dingos. Yea, they probably would've been eaten, the shop I was at sold 'feeders'. They're the same thing as fancy rats pretty much, except not much attention is paid to their temperament or health, unfortunately. The girl I was looking at from the shop had a cough, so she was almost definitely suffering from a resp. infection. So these little boys have a nice big cage and lots of lettuce to eat instead of a stuffy aquarium and the prospect of being eaten. :ohwell:
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options
    Aw, SBS... I'll baby.. rattiesit:bigsmile:

Hahah well thank you! The nice thing is there's no dirty diapers to change...but that's because they just go on the floor. :tongue: Once they're used to the environment they won't do that, but for now I just have a broom handy LOL