Help me I'm GAINING!

Options
2»

Replies

• onewarmmomma
    onewarmmomma Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! I was down 13 pounds, then suddenly gained 3 of those pounds back....AND I gained inches! It took me a week, but I'm finally back to my 13lb mark. Hang in there!!
  • pegdorf44
    pegdorf44 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am just like you. I exercise 5 days a week. I've got that down. It is and always will be the FOOD!! I eat more than I think I do. Mindless grazing. My goal this year is journaling. I am horrible at it but I have noticed that when I use the food journal, it keeps me accountable because I see the calories adding up. I try to keep my choices limited during the day because I bring food to work and I have more control over that. It's when I get home that gets me in trouble. If you plan out what you're going to eat before you get home, it helps a lot. I try not to eat anything after supper. By the time I get home from exercising it is usually 7:30 or 8. I eat a light supper and then the kitchen is closed. I have lost 7 pounds in 5 weeks which is in line with my goal of a pound a week. Just remember that you are worth it and that extra food that you put in your mouth is not. Do you want to reach your goal by your anniversary or do you want to eat that brownie?? Which is more important to you? Hope this helps!!
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am just like you. I exercise 5 days a week. I've got that down. It is and always will be the FOOD!! I eat more than I think I do. Mindless grazing. My goal this year is journaling. I am horrible at it but I have noticed that when I use the food journal, it keeps me accountable because I see the calories adding up. I try to keep my choices limited during the day because I bring food to work and I have more control over that. It's when I get home that gets me in trouble. If you plan out what you're going to eat before you get home, it helps a lot. I try not to eat anything after supper. By the time I get home from exercising it is usually 7:30 or 8. I eat a light supper and then the kitchen is closed. I have lost 7 pounds in 5 weeks which is in line with my goal of a pound a week. Just remember that you are worth it and that extra food that you put in your mouth is not. Do you want to reach your goal by your anniversary or do you want to eat that brownie?? Which is more important to you? Hope this helps!!

Love it! Those last few sentences really speak to me. So true, so true. Your wise words will be in my head all day :) Thanks for that! ... Now I really am going jogging! Got my heartrate monitor on, which by the way shows that my heartrate while at the computer is 54 bpm. :)
  • ButterflyKristen
    ButterflyKristen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Pssh, don't worry about a pound - that's easily just water. Even up to five pounds can just be water weight fluctuations. If you really are super worried about it, make sure you are keeping an eye on your carbs (especially sugar!). But really, getting stressed about a pound won't help any - you're doing good, so just keep focused and take each day at a time.

Well, I should have been more clear. I started at 157, then got down to 154, then up to 155, then all of a sudden jumped in one day to 158.8. But I see it's a combination of eating too much and too much sodium. I did not exercise yesterday, so did not dump the sodium like I normally would (referencing Seansquared). Thanks so much for your encouragement!

This community really ROCKS!
  • bossymom
    bossymom Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. But, really, my weight can fluctuate from day to day, and throughout a single day(I weigh myself at least three times a day....yeah, I know it's stupid!).

I've found that the measuring tape is a much better indicator of progress for me. One day the scale said I had gained two pounds, but when I measured immediately afterwards, I had lost a half inch around my stomach and hips.

If your goal is to slim down, then the number on the scale shouldn't matter as long as you're still losing inches.