Oh gosh why did I go to the fair?

Options
:frown: Last night I did the dumbest thing. The state fair, deep fry hevan...

I decided to have a small breakfast and light lunch to prepare for the night. I also said ONE corn dog and thats it... Which turned into a corn dog and a sausgae on a roll loaded with onions pepppers and saukraut. Then ended the evening with a HUGE ice cream cone to feed 3. I felt sick to my stomach. I havent had that much grease in over a month.

I was so ashamed. Alot I think has to do with stress and TOM but no one to blame but me. Im back on the horse again I had a yougart with organic gronal for breakfast & waiting on lunch. Im trying to switch it up.
:cry:

Replies

• byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    :frown: Last night I did the dumbest thing. The state fair, deep fry hevan...

I decided to have a small breakfast and light lunch to prepare for the night. I also said ONE corn dog and thats it... Which turned into a corn dog and a sausgae on a roll loaded with onions pepppers and saukraut. Then ended the evening with a HUGE ice cream cone to feed 3. I felt sick to my stomach. I havent had that much grease in over a month.

I was so ashamed. Alot I think has to do with stress and TOM but no one to blame but me. Im back on the horse again I had a yougart with organic gronal for breakfast & waiting on lunch. Im trying to switch it up.
    :cry:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    mmmmm, fair food....:love:
  • pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Awwe it's totally ok to go off track every now and then. The most important thing is that you have identified it and are already working on getting back on track. Whenever you fall off the wagon you just need to accept it and hop right back on -- but don't beat yourself up so much! :)

I've actually read in a few places now that you're supposed to have one day a month where you have a meal that you don't count or worry about and splurge to keep your body guessing and on its toes. Don't sweat it, sweets, just get right back on the wagon and you'll be fine :)
  • byn101
    byn101 Posts: 31
    Options
    I like the idea of once a month just being unfaithful!!! :) its like a treat and let me tell ya last night sure was!!!:tongue: *drools*
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Hey, it's okay. It was a one-night experience. And you could have made other really bad choices (like deep fried snickers or oreos!!)

Plenty of room for you back on the wagon :happy:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of once a month just being unfaithful!!! :) its like a treat and let me tell ya last night sure was!!!:tongue: *drools*

The day Aunt Flo arrives every month, I give myself permission to eat whatever I want. Then it's back on the wagon, which usually isn't too hard because once she shows up my appetite goes back down to normal.

Plus, really, how often do you go to the fair? Once a year? Take a tums and have fun with the other memories from the fair! :laugh: I plan to go to the Puyallup Fair this year and I plan to have a scone and a carton of whole milk. It is worth every fattening bite! Fair scones are the BEST!!! :love:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    What, no funnel cake or fried dough?!!!
  • mandanroger08
    Options
    don't worry about it just get back on track i have slip ups sometimes too. Actually a lot before this diet. but you can do it. don't feel so bad. the last time i went to the fair. i carried a small arm cooler with me and loaded it with water and healthy snacks. just and idea for ya. good luck.
  • Laynee
    Laynee Posts: 45
    Options
    You went because the fair is FUN! And we all have to admit part of the fun is food. We went today and we were there at lunchtime. I had a chicken fajita, the lowest cal thing I could find, put salsa on it and it was good. My splurge was a snow cone and shared one of those huge fresh lemonades with my husband and my daughter. I wouldn't worry about a little bit of "cheating" once in a while as long as we get right back on track and keep plugging away at this!
    :happy:
  • time2wrk
    Options

Nah, the scone is what I LIVE for at the fair! My husband lives for the onion rings and my boys - well, they can pretty much eat their way through the fair and it doesn't affect them yet. *Sigh* I miss those days! :laugh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

The day Aunt Flo arrives every month, I give myself permission to eat whatever I want. Then it's back on the wagon, which usually isn't too hard because once she shows up my appetite goes back down to normal.

Plus, really, how often do you go to the fair? Once a year? Take a tums and have fun with the other memories from the fair! :laugh: I plan to go to the Puyallup Fair this year and I plan to have a scone and a carton of whole milk. It is worth every fattening bite! Fair scones are the BEST!!! :love:

I soooo agree with you on fair scones! Sooo yum!

I had chicken teriyaki this year, fiances choice (he's good and finding healthier food then me).....it was amazingly good.
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, you probably burnt some calories by walking around. :wink:
  • time2wrk
    Options

I soooo agree with you on fair scones! Sooo yum!

I had chicken teriyaki this year, fiances choice (he's good and finding healthier food then me).....it was amazingly good.

That IS a healthy choice! I will plan ahead this year and hit the gym hard before I go eat my scone! :laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

Nah, the scone is what I LIVE for at the fair! My husband lives for the onion rings and my boys - well, they can pretty much eat their way through the fair and it doesn't affect them yet. *Sigh* I miss those days! :laugh:

I never heard of a scone. You'll have to tell me about it.
  • time2wrk
    Options

It's like a buttery sweet biscuit with jam in the middle. At least, the ones at the fair are. Some of the ones you find at coffee shops tend to be drier. Just nothin' like a Fair Scone. I will see if I can find a picture and/or recipe.
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

I LOVE the Puyallup Fair...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I wanna go.

I haven't been in a LOOOONG time.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options

It's like a buttery sweet biscuit with jam in the middle. At least, the ones at the fair are. Some of the ones you find at coffee shops tend to be drier. Just nothin' like a Fair Scone. I will see if I can find a picture and/or recipe.

HA! Out here our scones are also called Indian Fry bread....we have them with honey-butter.
    So different types....but still just as wonderfully sinful
  • time2wrk
    Options

I LOVE the Puyallup Fair...

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I wanna go.

I haven't been in a LOOOONG time.

Come out to visit and I will take you to the fair! Did you used to live in WA?

"You can do it at a trot,
    You can do it at a gallop,
    You can do it real slow so your heart won't palpitate.
    Just don't be late!
    DO THE PUYALLUP!"

Here is the recipe, but you still have to buy the scone mix. I like it without the raisins:

8 scones (change servings and units)

Ingredients
    2 1/2 cups unbleached all purpose flour (the original recipe calls for Fisher Blend Flour)
    2 teaspoons baking powder (make sure your baking powder is still active!)
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    6 tablespoons shortening
    3/4 cup milk
    1/2 cup raisins (if you are omitting the raisins, add another 2 Tablespoons of milk)
    Directions
    Sift and measure the flour.
    Re-sift with other dry ingredients.
    Work shortening into dry ingredients with the fingers.
    Add rasinins to flour-fat mixture and mix thoroughly (you may omit raisins).
    Add milk to mixture. (If you are omitting the raisins, add another 2 Tablespoons of milk).
    Turn out on to a floured board and divide into two equal pieces.
    Roll or pat each into a round and to the thickness of biscuits (3/4 inch to a full inch).
    Cut into wedge shaped pieces like a pie and bake about 15 minutes at 450 degrees on an ungreased baking sheet.
    To serve like they do at the fair; split open but do not cut clear through. Fill with jam and close.
    Eat and enjoy!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Yum! I haven't had one in FOREVER! That's what I love at fairs, not that I have been to one in a long time!

Don't worry, i usually cheat maybe once a week? Tomorrow is a new day! That is what I say!!:tongue:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Come out to visit and I will take you to the fair! Did you used to live in WA?

Pierce County BORN!!!
    WOOOOOOO!!!!

Blowout+075.jpg