Any1 40+ Who Is Making It Happen?

Options
I run into people all the time that think just because you are a certain
age that you have to act and look that way. They think they should look
like their parents did at that age or the people they hang around.

I'm curious who is 40+ male or female and is making it happen no
matter what others think or say.

Replies

• cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Well, let's see, in my 40+ years, I have spent 2 and a half years overseas in a combat zone, out ran, out shot and out thought the younger ones I was training with, and received a zillion compliments on my phsyical fitness. Now, that all did change in the past year as I became totally sedentary after snapping my outer left ankle bone in half. The break took a LONG time to heal (months), and I sat around feeling sorry for myself, and gained 35 pounds. All strength training and running came to a complete and abrupt halt. I have discovered MFP and am trying to get back to my "old" self and have worked hard on liking to walk. I have now reached that point and hope to be "making it happen" all over again soon here. So...I shall put myself in the category of 40+ and having and will make it happen! :drinker:
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 and I recently started Tap Dance (for the first time -- never had it as a child). It's not easy, but I still enjoy learning new things.

I also started playing the harp at 42 and went back to school for a certificate in Information Design at 48.

What's age got to do with any of that?