noticing progress

Options
Lately I have been feeling kind of frustrated because I don't have that "wow I feel a lot smaller " feeling anymore....I guess since I gained two pounds recently. Not that two pounds would erase the good of the 14 I have lost, but ya know.

So today I was in a dressing room trying on a sleeveless shirt which I normally detest because I hate my arms. I didn't get the shirt because overall it wasn't as flattering of a shirt, but I was just amazed when I turned to the side and realized that I didn't hate the way my arms looked. especially the back of my arm where it starts to meet my back/shoulder blade. And this feeling wasn't even a "ok it doesn't look bad for being in a sleeveless shirt", but a "this doesn't look bad period ".

I was already planning on going for a long bike ride because I had a really bad for me lunch but noticing this progress just really kicked my butt in gear to keep on going.

Update: I went on that bike ride, the longest route I do. It about killed me, but now I feel fabulous. And I worked off enough calories that I have plenty left for dinner and some snacking (on good stuff of course). So when you start to get discouraged, just remember those moments when you notice progress can happen anytime and it feels awesome when you have one!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Lately I have been feeling kind of frustrated because I don't have that "wow I feel a lot smaller " feeling anymore....I guess since I gained two pounds recently. Not that two pounds would erase the good of the 14 I have lost, but ya know.

So today I was in a dressing room trying on a sleeveless shirt which I normally detest because I hate my arms. I didn't get the shirt because overall it wasn't as flattering of a shirt, but I was just amazed when I turned to the side and realized that I didn't hate the way my arms looked. especially the back of my arm where it starts to meet my back/shoulder blade. And this feeling wasn't even a "ok it doesn't look bad for being in a sleeveless shirt", but a "this doesn't look bad period ".

I was already planning on going for a long bike ride because I had a really bad for me lunch but noticing this progress just really kicked my butt in gear to keep on going.

Update: I went on that bike ride, the longest route I do. It about killed me, but now I feel fabulous. And I worked off enough calories that I have plenty left for dinner and some snacking (on good stuff of course). So when you start to get discouraged, just remember those moments when you notice progress can happen anytime and it feels awesome when you have one!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Good for you! Remember, this site isn't about getting to the goal speedily, it's about taking baby steps so it's easier to STAY at our goal weight!