100 Days Progress

Options
Just thought I'd post my success story to date.

So, I've been at this for 100 days (started on January 25, 2011). Joined the gym, started with the MFP iPhone app and began eating less and exercising (a lot) more.

I am also a Type 2 Diabetic, and my blood sugars were wildly careening out of control. I was diagnosed at 28. I'm 38 now. I've been struggling with them for a while.

As of today, I have lost 34 pounds (14.3% of my starting body weight. You can do the math. LOL). My blood sugars are rarely, if ever, above normal. I've stopped taking all but one of my medications.

I've run two 5Ks, getting ready to run another on 5/22, and I'm going to train for a marathon next (if my knees can manage it).

My first goal was to lose 32 lbs, and I beat that with flying colors a few weeks ago. (Then I had a weekend off from the gym and some "fun" eating.) After that, changed my goal to 42 lbs, and that seems within reach (though it's slow going).

Just want to say that I could never have done it without the MFP app, the community here and some of the great forum posts. The community is very motivating and has been an immense help.

A doctor told me once that if I didn't get my act together, I might not see my children graduate from high school. Now, I'm hoping I'll be around to maybe meet my grandchildren someday.

Add me to your friends list, if you like--or just say "hi" sometime. We really can do this.

= )

Replies

• biged335
    biged335 Posts: 734
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Way to put in the work!!!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am almost at my 100 day point, your story is very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!
  • kdouglas11
    kdouglas11 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    That's great progress! Good for you! I know we can be more healthy, just by changing small things! I'd love to see you hit your next goal!

Great job!
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Great post - Congrats!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Remember daily how GREAT!! you feel ...and nothing will stop you!!! good for you. Better for your family!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!