I did it!!!

Options
ladybg81
ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
I officially reached my goal of 135 pounds today; on my 90th day with MFP. I will post some before and after pics tonight so get ready!!!

My story:

I've always been tall and thin and never had to worry too much about what I ate. I did exercise almost daily to ensure things stayed put! I got pregnant with my son in January 2008. I weighed about 140-145 at the point. I gained 60 pounds during the course of my pregnancy. I did not eat terribly so we could not figure out why. Turns out that drinking 4-5 gallons of skim milk a week really adds up to A LOT of calories. Once we figured that out and I backed off, I gained weight normally but at the point, the damage had been done. (side note: my son loves milk too!!) I lost 40 pounds over 8 months of breastfeeding though I did not eat right nor did I exercise. I've been holding on to this last 20 pounds for about 2 years. A co-worker started counting calories and was telling me about it so I thought I'd check it out. I just used a little notebook and pen to keep up with everything. I told my husband and he found MFP, signed me up and then signed himself up. In exactly 90 days, I reached my goal of 135. I acutally weigh less than I did before I got pregnant. My husband has lost 40 pounds.

I have not felt this good about myself in years. My self confidence is back (a little too much.) My pre-pregnancy clothes do not laugh at me anymore when I go into my closet; I laugh at them now because they are a little big! I want to say from the bottom of my heart, that I apprecaite this website and everyone on it more than you can imagine. I had begun to lose hope that I would ever be "me" again, but here I am! So thank you, and check back later for my pics! I could not wait until tonight to shout to the world that I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, shout it from the rooftops!
  • PaulaPalooza
    PaulaPalooza Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful! Congratulations!
  • sherryberry07
    Options
    Awesome awesome job! Congratulations to you! :-D
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! I love a good success story in the morning - Thank you for sharing it with us! We all need a little inspirations from time to time : )
  • luvmy2babies
    luvmy2babies Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    That is awesome, congrats!!!! I am so glad I found this site. I think it is going to help me lose the 40 more pounds I want to lose.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!
    WTG!
    :drinker:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    really well done hon :) congrats :D xxxx
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Huge accomplishment! :smile:
  • rachielyon
    rachielyon Posts: 56
    Options
    This is so wonderful. Congratulations on your personal victory!!!
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    That's so great! Congratulations on your hard work!
  • newprincess
    Options
    Great story! Congratulations!
  • melt57
    melt57 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hooray! Congratulations :)
  • cocodp
    cocodp Posts: 164
    Options
    that's awesome!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!