Not going to quit but not motivated today

Options
Im not going to give up
Im just completely unmotivated
I see everyone elses tickers moving.
Tomorrow is one week for me and I have only lost 1 pound,
Ive read so many people that have lost 4-5 pounds in their first week.
Ive stuck to everything...been under goal everyday and did at least one session of excersize everyday.
Gotta push through this feeling!!

Replies

• kutz04
    kutz04 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know it is frustrating. It took me 3 weeks to start really losing anything but now I am down 17lbs. in 15 weeks. Keep with it! :smile:
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You only have 25 pounds to lose total. You aren't going to lose 20 percent of that in one week. One pound is good, healthy, sustainable weight loss. That's an outstanding start to your journey! Focus on the good things and forget about comparing yourself to anyone. We all progress differently. Keep up the good work!!
  • Mandam1018
    Mandam1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing! A pound a week is great! If you lose it slowly and are doing all the right things, you will be able to keep it off. I only lose a pound a week and although it may be frustrating, it does add up in the end.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I've never had the huge weight loss at the beginning of trying like other people. I'm lucky to lose 1 lb a week, when a lot of times I lose nothing. It's hard, but you have to stop comparing yourself to others. Esp if it's this discouraging.
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    If it's any consolation, I haven't lost weight in about a week. Don't despair though. Just keep at it. Sometimes you're on that plateau for a little while, but if you stick with the program it won't be long before the scale tells you that you're down yet another pound.
  • Jessies_journey
    Jessies_journey Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Don't give up - I've been logging for 2 months and have lost 6.2lbs. My average is less than 1lb/week. It's always been like that - I'm a very slow loser. Where would I be if I gave up? - probably up 12!
  • cast59
    cast59 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Listen 1 lb a week is great. It is a very good. Don't get down.
    I would be very happy with a lb a week. Keep it up!!!
  • callielizabethrocks
    callielizabethrocks Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hear you! My suggestion to see bigger results is more water and less caffine. Caffine effects the way that your body processes the sugar in the calories you consume and consequently slows your body's ability to burn the fat. I have seen bigger results since cutting caffine. It has been difficult, but the reward is far greater than the sacrifice.

Good luck!
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Typically those who lose more than 1 pound their first week, have a lot more weight to lose than you do. One pound a week is a healthy loss. Celebrate every one of them! And keep up the good work!
  • Timelessmissv
    Options
    You know take a break !!!! Get some sun do not compare i know i am guilty of this as a woman . We are often are own harshest critics. You will see before long it will happen . :flowerforyou:
  • getmehealthy
    Options
    hang in there! I did super low-carb diet for 5 weeks (with exercise) before I saw any loss. Don't give up! A small weight loss is easier to keep off too!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    When I originally lost my weight, to took about 15 months to lose 72 pounds....that's less than 5 pounds a month. However, by losing it that slowly, I've been able to keep the VAST majority of the weight off for almost 4 years. I really believe in the old standby "Slow and steady wins the race."
    Don't worry about how fast the weight comes off.....you can stick to it!
    Kaye
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You know take a break !!!! Get some sun do not compare i know i am guilty of this as a woman . We are often are own harshest critics. You will see before long it will happen . :flowerforyou:

This
  • 36jessica
    36jessica Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. One pound a week is fine. Remember that this isn't a race, there is no clock to beat. One pound this week another the next and another one the week after and so on. Congrats on your pound and gook luck!