Smoothie

Options
Melbel85
Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
I decided this morning that I wanted something different from my usual breakfast so I went into my kitchen and whipped this up! Hope you like it!

BBS Fruit smoothie

1 small frozen banana
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 6oz container Yoplait light and fit strawberry yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk

I put this as 1 serving but I could only drink a little over half of it before handing it over to my daughters!
Calories 253
Carbs 54
Fat 0
Protein 11
Sodium 142
Sugar 23

Replies

• Carolynsb3
    Carolynsb3 Posts: 12
    Options
    Nom nom nom. I think I will have to add blueberries to my smoothie this morning. That sounds really good!
  • cupfanncbms
    cupfanncbms Posts: 101
    Options
    I boost my smoothies with 3 oz. of baby carrots and at least 1 cup of raw baby spinach. :) Adds lots of vitamins, some bulk, few calories, and you can't even taste a difference.
  • rachielyon
    rachielyon Posts: 56
    Options
    I boost my smoothies with 3 oz. of baby carrots and at least 1 cup of raw baby spinach. :) Adds lots of vitamins, some bulk, few calories, and you can't even taste a difference.

This is an awesome idea!!!!!! Can you freeze the spinach so it doesn't go bad? Or does that kill it?
  • cupfanncbms
    Options

This is an awesome idea!!!!!! Can you freeze the spinach so it doesn't go bad? Or does that kill it?

I don't think you can freeze fresh spinach. I use mine up pretty quick though. It lasts 3-5 days after it's opened. I buy the prewashed stuff. I use it in my roll ups (which I have quite regularly) and my smoothies (I have smoothie days probably 3 or 4 days a week).
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    I don't like banana so I am trying to figure out a good strawberry smoothie. I love orange and pineapple with strawberry, but I haven't been adding them because they are sour and then I have to add more sugar. Here is my recent attempt:

Ingredients:
    Generic - Strawberries, 6.1 oz
    Stonyfield Farm Organic - Lowfat Plain Yogurt, 1 cup
    Honey, 2 tbsp
    Vanilla extract, 0.5 tbsp
    dash of cinnamon
    Crushed Ice

Makes two large servings

Total: 325 calories
    Per Serving: 163 calories

I think next time I might add a tiny bit of half and half OR use full fat yogurt. Can't decide. This one was good though.

I might try the spinach idea, but I have been eating 2c of spinach a day lately so maybe not.
  • cupfanncbms
    Options
    I don't like banana so I am trying to figure out a good strawberry smoothie. I love orange and pineapple with strawberry, but I haven't been adding them because they are sour and then I have to add more sugar. Here is my recent attempt:

Ingredients:
    Generic - Strawberries, 6.1 oz
    Stonyfield Farm Organic - Lowfat Plain Yogurt, 1 cup
    Honey, 2 tbsp
    Vanilla extract, 0.5 tbsp
    dash of cinnamon
    Crushed Ice

Makes two large servings

Total: 325 calories
    Per Serving: 163 calories

I think next time I might add a tiny bit of half and half OR use full fat yogurt. Can't decide. This one was good though.

I might try the spinach idea, but I have been eating 2c of spinach a day lately so maybe not.

I don't use any sugar at all in mine. Here's what I usually do:

1 c. frozen blueberries
    1 c. frozen strawberries
    1/2 c. orange juice (I use Tropicana lots of pulp variety)
    1/2-3/4 c. fresh fruit (whatever I have at the time-sometimes raspberries, blackberries, mango or pineapple)
    1 to 2 c. raw baby spinach
    3 oz. baby carrots

I don't even use yogurt. I do fruit and veggies only. This makes a HUGE smoothie that I just kind of sip on for about half an hour. It is filling and holds me over nicely without even snacking.

*If I am sharing with my kids, I let them mix in a packet of stevia in the raw.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy......will have to give these a try