new to MFP

Options
tishaloses
tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
I am new around here. Have been on my weight loss journey since Dec 2010. I started at 239 and I am now 223. My husband and I made an agreement that he would quit smoking when I was down 25 pds. I have just 9 more to go!!!!! It is really hard because at this time we are unable to afford a gym membership. I am thankful that my cable company has free on demand exercise TV. I also enjoy playing dance games on my Wii along with my Biggest Loser game. If anyone has any other ideas of free exercise lat me know!!!

Replies

• gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    hi
  • Superdupermom
    Superdupermom Posts: 149
    Options
    hi! even bowling, baseball, and other games make you burn calories. house work, walks, stationary bikes. thats the things i do. pilates as well! library is a good source to borrow wii and work out videos! As a mom i try to do a lot with my kid so she does pilates and wii with me! as a dog owner i tend to try to walk with him each week and go to the park! good luck!
  • rilaus
    rilaus Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi, Welcome to MFP, Good luck on your weight loss goals. When i wasnt able to get to a gym, I made my own weights and used my kids as well. Wall squats, sit ups and even push ups and lunges helps alot, and you will find how fast you will be able to feel the changes as you become faster and stronger. I stacked flat wood boards and did stairclimbing as well.

Good Luck,
    Add me if you like