Did it! Yaaay....and now need maintenance buddies

Options
tofeelwell
tofeelwell Posts: 34 Member
I set a goal of 16 weeks for 20 pounds and hit 21 pounds instead! Ecstatic! This is the lowest weight I've been in about 20 years, despite numerous diets. I'm finally back below 140. This time I used MFP. I had tried tracking calories other ways, on paper, but it was so too, too time consuming. MFP was, for me, really helpful.

My story is one of woman-kind I think.. I am a young-ish grandmother who, even as a teen, had a soft waistline unsuited to bikini's. After three babies, for me the weight built up around my belly, my hips and my midsection in general, generating the choice of clothes that always disguised my waist but tended to look baggy. I yo-yo'd between diet and just not paying attention. Lost a lot of weight during my divorce years back. Sure liked it but I'd done nothing but get depressed to do it, so it all came back.

I grew up with a mother who did not encourage her daughters to exercise. I have had to learn its benefits through raising my own daughters and over a long long time, learning to include exercise in my life. I am still learning and have to work at it to make sure it is routine in my life..

In my more recent era of dieting, I have paid a lot of attention to learning about the food I eat and how my body responds to food and exercise. A HRM was a great tool for me, showing me how much work it takes to produce significant calorie burn in my body. It has also been a delight to see my body's efficiency improve...albeit lowering calorie burn so that I had to change my routines..

Now the next chapter MUSTstart and it is a new one for me. I want to make this weight loss permanent!!!! I want to use my exercise to maintain aerobically, for shape up and work on some miscellaneous needs of my body. Fortunately I am in very good health by all medical measures.

My life is mine to master. I'd love to have some maintenance buddies. Any out there?

Replies

• HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    oooooo I just went into matinence, myself. :) Feel free to add. :) And congrats on the loss!!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Congrats......
  • FatBastard6135
    Options
    Congrats on the Loss .. Good luck on the maintenance!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! MFP is a darn awesome site, I agree.
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    congrats!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm on maintenance too! Or at least should be. Thinking of officially starting maintenance next week. I'm having a hard time eating more so I'm still losing at the moment.
    Feel free to add me as well.
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am maintaining as well. In fact I might even be trying to gain a little bit again... but just pure muscle ;) Feel free to add me too!
  • cowboy48
    cowboy48 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I just started maintenance this week . Feel free to add me to your maintenance buddy list.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!