worth it to exercise on top of cutting calories ?

Options
2»

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    that wasn't my question though

of course i eat back my exercise calories

i think we all understand your question, you stated what you do and asked if it was a good approach. this is our response :)

exactly! yes, it's a very good approach! It's necessary for success. There are those out there that will tell you they "never" eat them and are "fine" but you don't see that person later on when they are in starvation mode and posting the "omg why am I not losing, I only eat 800 cals and I am gaining weight! " threads.

eat eat eat! I wish I could get others to understand what you already know. At least you're not starving yourself! This is a lifestyle change, not a "diet". :happy:
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

i run 4 times a week then walk 2 to give my legs a break but still maintain some exercise. otherwise i'm just too sedentary. once a week i let myself be lazy

A lazy day is actually VERY good for you. your body needs that time off. good for you. you seem to have a grasp on what you need to do. you've got this down, just keep at it.
    my only suggestion is to ADD WEIGHTS!
    strength training is VERY beneficial.
  • happyhappyjoy72
    Options
    I do the elliptical 3 days a week for 35-45 min, walk for 20 min one night and then do cardio kickboxing for 1hr for the fifth night. We also work with weights in cardio kickboxing so I’m not all cardio. So far this is working for me. I don’t always eat back all my workout calories i have a few left over. You seem like you are doing it all correct and if it is working for you then that is awesome!
  • insanitylater
    insanitylater Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    that wasn't my question though

of course i eat back my exercise calories

i think we all understand your question, you stated what you do and asked if it was a good approach. this is our response :)

exactly! yes, it's a very good approach! It's necessary for success. There are those out there that will tell you they "never" eat them and are "fine" but you don't see that person later on when they are in starvation mode and posting the "omg why am I not losing, I only eat 800 cals and I am gaining weight! " threads.

eat eat eat! I wish I could get others to understand what you already know. At least you're not starving yourself! This is a lifestyle change, not a "diet". :happy:

haha thx i didn't mean to sound snippy if i came across that way

not eating back the calories makes sense only if you are eating a lot more calories than the minimum then i assume it balances out. i gather most people here are eating the minimum calories so if you don't eat them back you are not getting enough nutrition even if "you feel good"
  • Charger440
    Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Why is that people must impose what makes them feel good on other people when a simple "If it works for you and makes you feel good then, I would say stick with it! :)" would suffice?

I mean its really simple the question was asked if exercise was worth it. The person has stated they DO exercise and eat back most of the calories exercised yet you still seem to push what makes YOU feel good on them. I would love one time to see a simple question answered with a simple answer instead of a bunch of know it alls trying to convince people to live they way they do.

You don't see me on here picking apart all the "biodegradable" foods and the sticks and twigs that make some of you people so happy. Why are you trying to press your "healthy" food on the rest of us?

The answer simply put is, If what your doing now makes YOU feel good and have a better outlook then its good for YOU.

Geez! Can't we just let each other live our own lives and be happy for one another? Yea I know, Someone will have some smart comment about this post. Do yourself a favor and save it I'm tired of hearing it!