Does anyone do Wii fitness?

Options
I keep looking at the Wii fitness but i'm not sure if it will be a waste of money, Any opinions? I've also heard just dance is a great workout.

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have a wii not a wii fit but I play Just Dance 2 on it and it's fun!
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love the yoga on the wii fit. I do 30-40 minutes approx 3-4 times week.
  • nmterp
    nmterp Posts: 74
    Options
    I have a wii fit, it's fun but can get boring quick. I tried Just Dance at a friend's house and had a lot more fun and a good burn.
  • rissadiane
    rissadiane Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love the wii fit! Island cycling is my favorite, but I like the yoga and strength training workouts too!
  • eeyorelvr09
    eeyorelvr09 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I use the NFL Training Camp. It is a 60 day workout and it has 3 different intensity workouts. I am almost halfway done with the medium workout. After this is finished is when I will be running on the roads more. You can also create workouts. I plan on using this option to work on toning my stomach and arms.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit was a lot of fun, and it was a great start at a time I wasn't ready to do any "serious" exercise, but I only used it for a few months and I wouldn't suggest it as a long term fitness programme.

If you can afford it, go for it. If you don't already have a Wii and buying one would be a major financial commitment for you, I'd think twice about its value for money.
  • MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    :smile: Wii IS GREAT I CARDIOBOX,DO THE AREOBICS, JUST KEEP IN MIND THE CALORIES USED AREN'T ACURATE, INVEST IN A HEART RATE MONITOR..OTHERWISE IT'S FUN AND THEY HAVE STUFF FOR EVERYONE, JUST KEEP MOVING..GOOD LUCK:flowerforyou:
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    The wii fit plus is fun - I use some of them as warm-ups for the Gold's Gym Cardio boxing workout (also on wii, and compatible with the balance board). It's also a great way to get the heck out of the kitchen after dinner, and to have friendly competitions in the house - we all have our strong points and it's fun to try to catch up with each other.

I'd say it's a good starting point. And I use the balance board to weigh every week. Just Dance 2 is also tons of fun - you just have to make sure you're moving your legs, too - I have a bad habit of just moving my arms around and thinking I'm doing it perfectly.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    The wii fit is okay. I like the weight log/chart on it, and the exercises are interesting enough to keep me going. It just isn't quite as intense as I like. The Jillian Michaels fitness ultimatum 2011 for wii gets my heart rate up, and I feel like I've gotten a good workout. Sometimes the tracking on the remote is off, though, and that is very frustrating. Jillian's workout is more circuit training, which I like.
  • Rain_253
    Rain_253 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have done Just Dance for the xbox and wii. Yea love it :) I love to dance so I was doing it alot. An, theres and option on there where you can like see how many calories your burning and your heart rate. I've been thinking about getting the wii fit as well. Right now I'm using on the wii Your Shape featuring Jenny McCarthy. That kicks my butt. It comes with a camera so know your doing the moves right. Also helps you choose when and what work outs your gonna do. I really like this as well. Hope that was a little help.
  • aunt_hbomb
    aunt_hbomb Posts: 204
    Options
    Wii Fit is okay when you start out but I have since moved onto Wii Golds Gym Boxing and Wii Active 2. Much better workouts.
  • GetFitNowKrystal
    GetFitNowKrystal Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit plus. I like it and use it for at least 30 minutes a day.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I do all of the Wii Fit Plus Exercises:
    Strength Training
    Yoga
    Boxing
    Tennis
    Kung Fu
    Balance Games etc. etc.

I also do Dance 2 which is a Challenge here on this
    site. We do three songs every week and try to beat
    the score of the person who heads the Challenge.
    Its fun!!
  • fcrisswell
    fcrisswell Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have wii fit plus....love it...since I get bored easily I can move on to something else quickly. I als bought a riser for the board so that when doing the advance step or basic step I get a better workout. I also have EA sports Active 2, comes with heart rate monitro and leg strap...I heard EA Active one you had to use the nunchuck in this leg strap thingy...but with 2 you don't.

Just recently got Golds Gym Cardio and it is great fun... I am sore today cause I did an hour of it yesterday get familiar with it. Lots of boxing which I love on the wii fit plus (but fit boxing is so limited). I also sometimes us a game called Walk It out for the WII. But instead of walking on the board or in place I prefer the mini trampoline to get a better workout...not to mention it is just fun jumping on a trampoline in the house LOL.