Power Bars

Options
posbey
posbey Posts: 200 Member
Hey my lovely MFP'ers:

Sometimes I carry bars with me. i used to eat Fiber One bars; now I am eating Clif bars ... i try to choose ones that have at least 3 grams of fiber per serving.

Which ones do you eat?

Also are their bars that you should not eat that have too much sodium/sugars that we should watch out for.

I normally try to carry bars in my purse, bag and when i am on the go (i often have to work late or have community events and rather drink some water with a power bar ) to ward off unhealthier options.

Thanks again!

Pam

P.S. i think I'm near my 10% goal with WW -- 237 pds.

Replies

• ChristyP0303
    ChristyP0303 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'll check mine when I get home..... I used to eat them alot more than I do now.... I usually look for ones high in protein...
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Luna Bars are my favs. I love the chocolate coconut ones. Also the Banana Bread Odwalla bars are super nummy! :o)
  • kansasgal19
    kansasgal19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love Luna bars because they are made specifically for women. And they're super tasty.
  • rharvey75495
    Options
    I've seen others reply "bump" on other comments...what does it mean?
    Thanks,
    R
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    luna bars are pretty good but don't pack much protein. i love the peppermint ones, they taste like thin mints.

i usually skip the bars now. too expensive.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I've seen others reply "bump" on other comments...what does it mean?
    Thanks,
    R

a post put the thread back at the top of "recent posts"
    so a bump post keeps people talking in a thread by bumping it back to the top
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein, look for ones with 20 grms of protein each.
  • amm703
    amm703 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I get the Pure Protein bars that only have 2g sugar. or Doctor's Carbrite Diet that has no sugar. The Carbrite cinnamon bun bars are delicious but difficult to find.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein

Smore's
    or
    Chocolate Peanut butter

Yum!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have a pure protein in my bag now. I was passing a store and saw it. I haven't eaten it yet. I haven't tried Luna but I've seen them too.

Thank you all for your responses!
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    i just started eating the Pure Protein Bars that someone in he Kroger store recommended to me and they were
    only $1.00 each or they also have a box of them. I hae started out with the Chocolate Peanut Butter one's. What other flavors taste good made by Pure Protein??

Ive never tried the Luna Bars, Are they tasty?? I won't try any of the bars until I get reviews from other ppl that eat them cause I don't
    want to waste my money on a bar that tastes like crap.

What flavor Luna bars taste the best and are good for you??

Thanks
  • meadows654
    meadows654 Posts: 164
    Options
    I really like the taste of Clif Bars and they now come in "mini" sizes at only 100 calories per bar. Great for my 3pm snack.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Tizzz, all the luna bars are fabulous. I love the Nutz over Chocolate, The Caramel Brownie, The Lemon Zest, and the newest, Chocolate Coconut. The Peanut Butter Cookie one is AWESOME too! :o)
  • NurdCore
    NurdCore Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein (50g). I go through one or two of these a day. I love the chocolate deluxe one.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    I get the Pure Protein bars that only have 2g sugar. or Doctor's Carbrite Diet that has no sugar. The Carbrite cinnamon bun bars are delicious but difficult to find.

I like the CarbRite S'mores and Cinnamon Bun. Wegmans used to carry them but I guess CarbRite had a product recall and they had to remove them all temporarily. Bummer. I like to keep them for hiking.
  • Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I've tried most of the protein bars out there, and the Power Crunch bars win for taste hands down! I swear, they taste just like those wafer cookies (you know, the ones that came in the pack with vanilla, chocolate and strawberry) we ate as kids. I've only had the vanilla so far, but they are awesome!

http://www.bnrg.com/Products/PowerCrunch.aspx
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Power bars are my usual go to. Triple threat energy or natural harvest are my two favs.

I also have 90 cal fiber ones in a pinch when I am out of other bars.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ok I just tried my 1st Luna Bar, Chocolate Peppermint Stick and they are not too bad, Not sure what the crunch is thats
    in them. I think I like the Pure Protein Bars better. I want to try different Bars to see which I like the most.