Dukan Diet

Options
Love_cup
Love_cup Posts: 20 Member
Has anyone heard of this diet and if so what do you think about it? It seems like it may be helpful but again like most diets I'm not to sure.

Replies

• sexylonglegs
    sexylonglegs Posts: 278
    Options
    I've heard of it...not sure what it is though.
  • Chavtastic
    Chavtastic Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Go online to Dr. Oz's official tv show website. Tuesday or Monday's show was about the Dukan diet and featured several doctors/nutritionists views on it. The video should be on his site.
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Dr. Oz has has a lot of different diets on his show ... he had the producers of forks over knives on too. Interesting ... I wonder which one he really promotes? Hmmm
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just eat a balanced diet and keep up with what I eat.
    Not a huge fan of super low carb diets because I like carbs haha
  • Virgo09
    Virgo09 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just bought the Dukan Diet book a couple of days ago...from what I've read so far, it seems pretty doable. When you log onto the dukan website, it'll tell you how many days or weeks you should be on each phase (there are 4 in total). Based on the phase you're on, will determine what food you can or can't eat. I haven't started the diet yet since I'm not completely done with the book. You're more than welcome to add me on as a friend here and if you're interested in this diet, perhaps we could start together at the same time for support. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
  • Moonchild88
    Options
    Hi, Helen Here.
    I just got the book this evening planning to start in the am!
    Hopefully getting to goal will be quick!
    Then maintaining will be the hardest! But, I have lost over 1000lbs in my life
    and figure this is a new lifestyle for me and what I plan to do the rest of my life!

Good planning to you too!!
  • berchen82
    berchen82 Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi,
    I've tried this diet but after 3 weeks I got hairloss, my nails got broken, I got problems with my teeth. So I finished.
    You can loose a lot of weight with this diet, but it's not really healthy.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I've tried this diet but after 3 weeks I got hairloss, my nails got broken, I got problems with my teeth. So I finished.
    You can loose a lot of weight with this diet, but it's not really healthy.

From what I have been reading it is too low fat and the symptoms you got are indicitive of that also.
  • Love_cup
    Love_cup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I think I'll pick up the book read it and see what its all about. Cant hurt to try right?
  • emilymdean
    emilymdean Posts: 4
    Options
    I am in the last day (day 3) of the first phase of the diet and I have lost 3lbs. I read the book and although it is very rigid in the beginning it teaches you how to be able to incorporate all foods back into your diet. It stresses following the program and not staying on any phase of it too long. I am hypothyroid and it is very difficult for me to loose weight. I've tried WW and other plans and didn't loose. I stared eating less carbs on my own and have lost about 15 pounds, then I saw the program on Dr. OZ and thought maybe it would be good to give it try. So far so good! I am excited!
  • Psychobillykitty
    Options
    I just started this diet and have lost almost 5 pounds in 3 days. I have ZERO cravings and feel full once i get around 900 cals but make sure I get at least 1200 in a day. You can take a multivitamin to get any lost nutrients plus you can add a tablespoon of flax meal to get more fiber and essential fatty acids. I also make sure to get at least 30 minutes of exercise and include some resistance training so I don't have any muscle loss. So far so good for me
  • rmirvine99
    rmirvine99 Posts: 6
    Options
    bump