fats

Options
can I monitor my saturated fat instead of my total fat. i mean I know I can but I often eat nuts and such and it makes me go over in good fats avocado too, but I usually dont go over the bad saturated fat. So my question is as long as I stay under for the bad fats I should be okay right? :heart: Thanks for the time....

Replies

• krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    can I monitor my saturated fat instead of my total fat. i mean I know I can but I often eat nuts and such and it makes me go over in good fats avocado too, but I usually dont go over the bad saturated fat. So my question is as long as I stay under for the bad fats I should be okay right? :heart: Thanks for the time....
  • neha_duvvuri
    neha_duvvuri Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    sorry! misunderstood your question :embarassed:
  • kewright
    kewright Posts: 18
    Options
    It's okay to go over on the good fats - make sure to stay completely clear of trans fats which is always in crackers, cookies & of course fried foods, etc
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I think YES!!! :flowerforyou:

We all know that the "good" fats (olive oil, canola oil, flax seed/oil, fish / fish oil, hemp oil, salba, nuts, seeds, nuts, avacado) help to lower our LDL cholesterol and improve cardiovascular health amoung other things. Although these things are highly caloric, they are good for your health!

I'm always over on good fats, but rarely consume any saturated fats or trans fats, so I don't worry about it. I just had my cholesterol done, and my HDL was higher than my LDL! Yay! :happy: My doctor said that the low LDL can be contriubted to diet (20%) and exercise / healthy weight maintenance (80% - as it keeps the cholesterol manufactured by the body at low levels).
  • krystalmoore1986
    krystalmoore1986 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks for the answers I was kind of stressing about going over slightly on my fats but only in all good fats:flowerforyou: