May I see your diary??

Options
reddcat
reddcat Posts: 314 Member
Hi! I am looking to see diaries of people who eat right. I am ignorant when it comes to weight loss and even worse at nutrition. I have been trying to make better choices and have spent time "stalking" others diaries for ideas. Sadly, I am finding a lot of people don't know any better than I do. I see a lot of canned and processed foods. Even saw one self-proclaimed clean eater that ate everything out of a bag or from Dairy Queen. I know enough to know those are not the right choices. Do any of you have a diary I can sneak a peek at that know they are doing right??? Not looking for perfection (who doesn't have the occasional slip??), just want some ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Losingitin2011
    Losingitin2011 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "clean eater", but I think I eat pretty healthy overall. I am more on a portion control type diet than an elimination diet. I find that when I deny myself things I only end up wanting them more, then binge on them. I don't eat fast food, and am trying to limit my processed prepackaged foods, but I'm not stressing too much about it.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm not a "clean eater", but I think I eat pretty healthy overall. I am more on a portion control type diet than an elimination diet. I find that when I deny myself things I only end up wanting them more, then binge on them. I don't eat fast food, and am trying to limit my processed prepackaged foods, but I'm not stressing too much about it.

Love your kitties! :)

I suggest (for the poster of this post) to go to various websites and use them as resources. Check out Everyday Food magazine as well. It's in the checkout counter at the grocery store. It lists the nutrition content for the recipes which is a huge help.
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I don't eat perfectly....I do the best I can....my diary is open.....but I'm horrible at meal planning and throw what I eat together....
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I like to think I eat pretty healthy (for the most part)...you can take a gander at my diary if you like. :)
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine, i don't TRY to eat clean, but i think i do it anyway, just because fresh tastes so much better than canned and bagged.
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    anyone can view mine - its open to 'public'
    any constructive comments are welcome :o)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Mine's public
  • skinnyjeans13
    skinnyjeans13 Posts: 179
    Options
    You can check mine out... I try as hard as possible to make everything myself.
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I do pretty well for the most part.....but probably could improve somwhere down the line. I have lost 20 lbs since the first of the year so something must be working.....I try to stay away from processed foods and dont touch anything that contains high fructose corn syrup. I do work out dillegently and stay within my caloric goals. I am about 10 lbs from my goal weight.....feel free to take a peek at my diary if it will help in any way.....good luck!
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I'm doing the same thing, and I think my diary is open to all. I do my best not to eat too much processed food, but we do some. And again, just like her, I don't deny myself, I just eat super small amounts of the "goodies."

Good luck!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Help yourself!

It's far from perfect, but I'm quite proud of the variety it has in it. Not much processed stuff either.
  • abeesinger
    abeesinger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just made mine public so you can view it and hopefully it will make me be more discerning with my choices. I am not a perfect eater either. I work and work out as much as I can and therefore cooking time is limited. I do try to use a fair amount of Semi-Home Meal recipes because they are so quick and easy. You are welcome to take a gander and pick and choose what you like!
  • BuceesNana
    BuceesNana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't eat "perfectly clean" by any stretch of the imagination, but I eat pretty healthy most of the time. You can check out my diary if you want to. :) Just so you know, I am just your ordinary, everyday librarian/farm girl with 2 kids and a husband who is always super busy. I am not some one who has a lot of time to scrutinize over my diet or spend every waking moment fretting about it. Oh, and yes, I like beer!
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Well I'm certainly no role model but I think the first step is to eat a LOT of veggies. Add them to everything you possibly can and have another portion on the side. They help fill you up and that lessens how much other not-so-good stuff you would otherwise eat. I was also appalled at how many calories are in pasta & rice so I've cut way back on those and when I eat them I have smaller portions of healthier kinds (whole wheat pasta, brown rice) with lots more veggies. A big challenge for me has been not adding all the extra yummies on top (butter, cheese, salad dressing) so I've cut back on that too and try to add some spices for flavour and variety.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    My diary is public. Feel free to look at it whenever, and steal any ideas you want. You will see that I eat clean and well most of the time, but there are (obvious) "cheat" meals/days here and there. I do eat some processed/packaged things sometimes (like crackers or protein bars or protein shake packets), but it's not the end of the world and hasn't derailed my efforts one bit (actually probably helps). Also -- feel free to message me if you have any questions.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    You can look at mine too its public!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    Actually the Eat - Clean Diet Book by Tosca Reno is a great beginning for a newbie that has usually eaten fast foods .. she really explains many things .. top super foods, suplements ( you do not need to take all of them ... better t add one at a time and see what ya think) , execise, and gret recipes.. I just made baby bok choy stir fry with chicken beast .. I substituted 2 oz. rice noodles ( the asian market did not have miracle noodles) for angel hair pasta and also added fresh snow peas, fresh red pepper, pablano pepper and jalepeno pepper ... have some left over for dinner later ... She use to weight over 200 lbs .. so she has been there ...

Every one develops their own personal diet ... if you read alot ... you take a litle from here and there as you find out what works best for you ... and what foods you really like and can ive with long term ...

Best of luck .. many here are very helpful and knowledgeable ... after all we have done this a few times and we all hope this is the last time as we try to develp a life style we can live with vs a diet .
  • dfunk06
    dfunk06 Posts: 56
    Options
    Youre welcome to view mine :)
  • SarahLovesCheesecake
    Options
    Just made mine public to friends...
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Feel Free to come visit mine! For the most part I am a clean eater, I do have things listed as recipes, i don't know that they are public but you are more than welcome to send me a message and I will give you the recipe for them.

Anything that says stir fried is made with the calorie free Pam spray coating the pan.

<3