stress eaters UNITE!

Options
durhamity
durhamity Posts: 174 Member
This is my first week at MFP. So far I am learning LOTS, but I completely BLEW my diet yesterday with stress eating. This is what always happens with me. I start out strong and then I start cheating, making bad choices, whatever you want to call it. I sabbotage myself. Day one, I felt strong and ready to conquor the world. Now, day 5, I feel defeated and I just want to go eat something that I have no business eating. I need to learn how to get past this if I am ever going to truely succeed and keep the weight off.

I tell myself that I should go workout to distract myself from my feelings right now, but I just don't have the energy. I know it is about choices, and stretching myself, but today, I just don't give a rip!
So Completely Frustrated.

Replies

• jenhopkin
    jenhopkin Posts: 1
    Options
    I completely associate with what you are saying. It's just difficult to always make the right choices, and I find myself making excuses for myself. Bad day, out with friends, stressful moments, etc.

I dont have a solution, or even a suggestion as I struggle with it myself so much, but I think trying to do this with someone else, who understands your situation should help. Being able to talk to that person before making the bad decisions.

Good luck to all of us!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I know how that goes...I'm also a boredom eater too. Plus it doesn't help when my husband loves to eat anything sweet and he always offers me bites. .... Dang those bites can add up let me tell you. Good luck I'm trying so hard not to eat anything as we speak. I'm kinda bored and stressed over this coming weekend that I just want to eat a brownie or have a really high calorie drink like a cherry white chocolate mocha.mmmmmmmm