Need more carbs

Options
I never get enough carbs, i'm always really low on it, any idea's for what i could eat to get more of it?

Thank you!

-Annka

Replies

• Aetarac
    Aetarac Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes, oat meal, brown rice, fruits, veggies, any slow burning complex carb would work.
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I would say low on carbs is a great thing. As long as you get some carbs from veggies and fruit dont worry about it. You dont need to add in any extra grains
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    MFP sets the carb goal quite high, so if you are within 100 grams, I would not worry about getting more. You can actually change your % settings to better reflect your diet.
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    i always recommend cutting the carbs... you really don't NEED to eat a certain amount. if you have a good energy level & are getting plenty of protein you should be fine.... most people who hit a plateau can overcome it by dropping their carbs, increasing protein & adding strength training to their workout.
  • maggie4097
    maggie4097 Posts: 156
    Options
    I have the opposite problem--I am over almost every day! Makes me crazy! I am trying to find new forms of lean protein and other things that are much lower in carbs. I never really paid attention to these things before mfp.