Hi Everybuddy

Well, hello there.

OK, so I need to lose 100lbs (at least). It is not the first time I have tried to reduce my weight but it is the first time I have had such a strong incentive as I have this time.

I have made a commitment to run a marathon to raise money for SENSE. No time limit but I would love to be ready for the FLM in 2010. For those who don't know, SENSE is a charity which helps and supports people who are deaf and blind. I I can't think of anything worse than to be shut in your own private world 24 hours a day..every single day. The aim is to raise as much over £1000 as I can, (hopefully way over).

But first, I need to get fit so that is why I am here. I have had a look around and I think this looks like a site where I can get positive about reaching my targets and so I have a new motto.

This time, I WILL make it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for being so long winded but it is important to me that when I look back at today's post..the starting point for me I know what my aims were when I wrote them..hope that makes sense.

Good Luck to all with your own challenges.

Watch this space !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skunky

87289.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Skunky
    Skunky Posts: 6
    Well, hello there.

OK, so I need to lose 100lbs (at least). It is not the first time I have tried to reduce my weight but it is the first time I have had such a strong incentive as I have this time.

I have made a commitment to run a marathon to raise money for SENSE. No time limit but I would love to be ready for the FLM in 2010. For those who don't know, SENSE is a charity which helps and supports people who are deaf and blind. I I can't think of anything worse than to be shut in your own private world 24 hours a day..every single day. The aim is to raise as much over £1000 as I can, (hopefully way over).

But first, I need to get fit so that is why I am here. I have had a look around and I think this looks like a site where I can get positive about reaching my targets and so I have a new motto.

This time, I WILL make it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for being so long winded but it is important to me that when I look back at today's post..the starting point for me I know what my aims were when I wrote them..hope that makes sense.

Good Luck to all with your own challenges.

Watch this space !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skunky

87289.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • welcome and good luck. if you ever need to talk just send me a message.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Sounds like you have good incentive. :smile:

Welcome & good luck! :flowerforyou:

Be sure to drop in on the MFP Runner's Club. It's a great place for encouragement. :drinker:
  • Canelitas
    Canelitas Posts: 712
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

Come join the Biggest Loser Teams!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Hi there! Welcome and keep your logging, water and find a new favorite activity to keep your mind forward and to your goal! You can do it!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • EllaBella
    EllaBella Posts: 140
    Hello!! It is so interesting to read the different incentives for losing weight! Good luck:smile:
  • Sunibc22
    Sunibc22 Posts: 330
    Welcome and good luck. You'll love this site!! :flowerforyou:
  • Skunky
    Skunky Posts: 6
    Hi there,

Thanks all for the welcomes...think I will like it here . :smile: