Low Fat, Low Sodium, High Protein, All Natural Food

Options
dwalden
dwalden Posts: 77 Member
I know chicken breasts are about the best food to fit into this calorie, but I am looking to add a little variety. I have thought about tuna, salmon and other fish related food but they are all high in sodium.

Can anyone else provide me with some ideas to fill this category?

Replies

• dwalden
    Options
    I know chicken breasts are about the best food to fit into this calorie, but I am looking to add a little variety. I have thought about tuna, salmon and other fish related food but they are all high in sodium.

Can anyone else provide me with some ideas to fill this category?
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Tofu, it really doesn't taste like anything, it's more like a sponge of whatever other flavors you cook it with. I like the texture because it can be changed.

I must tell you though, my husband gets totally grossed out by tofu, it's the way it looks for him that does it and not the taste though.

Just do a google for cooking ideas there are so many.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i am a little of the tofu myself, although i did a lasagna made with tofu and actually it was pretty good :drinker: <<<water lots of it :laugh:
  • licia67
    licia67 Posts: 109
    Options
    Try a protein powder to supplement.
  • jlwhelan1
    jlwhelan1 Posts: 664
    Options

Or try beans and rice rolled up in a heated corn tortilla. This is an absolute staple in our household.
  • dwalden
    Options
    Try a protein powder to supplement.

I do use protein supplements every day. I was sort of looking for a high protein meat substitute. Guess I need to be a little more specific.