Great app and website!

Options
There is a website called www.runkeeper.com and it is GREAT for tracking running/walking/hiking/etc! It also has an app for your smart phone which is pretty cool. I just downloaded the app to my Android phone and went for a walk. It uses the phone's GPS to keep track of distance/speed/etc and will give you periodic updates throughout.

When you log on to the website, you can set up your profile, (which the phone app will log onto) and the two, (the site and the app) will sync up and keep a history of your workouts for you. You can even post your workouts on line though facebook and twitter.

I went for a walk and used the app. I walked for 1.70 miles at about 4.0 miles/hour. It kept the time, distance, pace, and calories burned. Then it synced with my account on the site and when I got back to my desk and logged on, there was my information along with a google maps overlay of exactly where I walked. It was great!!

Replies

• pretzels113
    pretzels113 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • deanie0515
    deanie0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Balsaboy
    Balsaboy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of Runkeeper, and another app I use on an almost daily basis is CardioTrainer (I have an android, don't know if it's available for apple devices). I love them for the range of activities they list with calorie burns, and now CardioTrainer works with the Polar heart monitor with bluetooth which is awesome! Any of these running/activity apps paired with MFP just adds to the whole fitness experience.
  • koolgurl84
    koolgurl84 Posts: 35
    Options
    Seems like a great app, cant wait to try it out.