Options
DTetz
DTetz Posts: 109 Member
Any thoughts on it?

Replies

• FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I use pure Stevia, I read Truvia uses additiives like maltodextrin or something of that nature. You can find pure Stevia at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods.
  • spcr0428
    spcr0428 Posts: 51
    Options
    Personally, I LOVE it. Splenda is a scam, putting there is no calories in a packet, when there is acutually 5 calories adn 1 gram of sugar. If you drink iced tea like I do; that adds up.

Truvia has carbs; but no calories. I think it has a better flavor as well, and you don't need as much.

I have had stevia, but didn't like the taste as much; but I think it's the healthiest one.
  • rosiesparkle100
    Options
    We can't get any of these things in the UK :(
  • DTetz
    DTetz Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I could never stand splenda... yuk Lol
    Personally, I LOVE it. Splenda is a scam, putting there is no calories in a packet, when there is acutually 5 calories adn 1 gram of sugar. If you drink iced tea like I do; that adds up.

Truvia has carbs; but no calories. I think it has a better flavor as well, and you don't need as much.

I have had stevia, but didn't like the taste as much; but I think it's the healthiest one.
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I love Truvia...but on going to the grocery store yesterday I saw they don't have it anymore... :frown: So I bought Stevia instead....we shall see.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm very against fake sugars of all kinds. So, I'm not the right person to ask. :/

If pregnant women can't have fake sugar, why should the rest of us be able to?
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    We can't get any of these things in the UK :(

Yes. That's because other countries know the shady things that had to go on to get the US's FDA to approve these things. Many of them failed the first time around and are outlawed in particular countries.

So, no :( for you...just be happy your country is smart about putting harmful chemicals in your body. For example, how is something that is outlawed in Canada (for example) okay to use in the US. Like how Soda cans are lined with BPA and it's outlawed in Canada.