B-12 Fat Burning Injections

Options
B-12 Fat Burning Injections.....has anyone taken them or heard anything about them?

Replies

• Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I remember my mom taking them years ago when she went to the Diet Center. I don't know if they still use them for weight loss or not.
  • falonjohle
    falonjohle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    there are some places around me that use them for weight loss along with a 500 cal diet.. can't see how this is healthy!!
  • breezey77
    breezey77 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it and I'm sure it works if you are only eating 500 calories...But if you want to be healthy, then it's not the way to go!!!
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    not healthy, doesn't last and most of all messes with your bodys' natural hormones.
    anyway, loosing the weight by doing it yourself is soooo much more satisfying - YOU CAN DO IT
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,110 Member
    Options
    You'd be better off learning to eat correctly - unless you want to get injections, which I assume require an appointment and $$$ - for the rest of your life. B12 gives you energy, but so does exercise and eating correctly.
  • penny39
    penny39 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    My neighbor is doing the injections along with some sort of apitite surpressant, she has lost 40 pounds in just a few weeks, I think she is losing to fast and I don't think it will be permenant because she isn't exercising or changing how she eats.
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    you can drink soda on 500 calories and lose weight.....tells you something. B-12 is just good for good circulation, it helps deliver good protein
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I work for a clinic that gives them... yes they work however the Dr I work for does NOT recommend a 500 cal diet... he stresses OVER and OVER that starvation is NOT the way to lose weight... I take the B12 with Lipo and it does give me more energy which helps me work out more which makes me lose weight but you still have to watch what you eat. Our clinic does the appetite suppressants too and it is not meant for long term. I took them for about 2 months and was able to relearn to listen to my body and get a hold on what I was eating and educated myself on reading labels, not only for calories but for portion sizes. Everyone is different I had a B12 deficiency so that is probably why I notice such a difference but I have had patients tell me that they didnt notice a differnce. B12 is harmless and is already found naturally in your body. B vitamins are water soluable so it is very unlikely to get toxic levels as your body gets rid of any it isnt using and doesnt store it at all. Either way losing weight and maintaining it is best done slow and steady and there is no magic quick fix.
  • eyt2003
    eyt2003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your informative feedback.
  • Talathia
    Options
    Hello I'm taking the fat burning injection and I really don't see my weight changing. I'm working out everyday day in and out but my weight remains the same. Plz give me some advice I really need this weight off me.
  • Lina4Lina
    Lina4Lina Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    What are in the injections besides B-12? B-12 does not burn fat. If you take in extra B-12, it does nothing for you. If you aren't low in B-12, there is no reason to take injections. Sublingual B-12, which can be bought cheaply at any place that sells vitamins, is one of the best ways for someone who tends to be on the lower side of the B-12.